• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post your BB'd coins here!

38 posts in this topic

It has been to two TPGs so I figure I have one more to go. The only reason I am so determined is that one of the other TPG's (to remain nameless) indicated to me in person during a show that they would not BB it, only to end up doing so in the end. This was after 3 individuals with that company looked at the coin. So eventually I will try once more, I figure it is worth it, I can't stand to see it sitting in a flip.

Rey

Thanks Stanley, that's a BB variety I hadn't seen before. It will be listed as NGC BB3 but it looks like it came out betwen BB1 and BB2.

Thanks Stanley, that's a BB variety I hadn't seen before. It will be listed as NGC BB3 but it looks like it came out betwen BB1 and BB2.

BTW....The invoice date on the BB # 2516188-001 is 4/27/2007

What is a BB3 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I have a coin and label for a Silver Eagle. One of my first BB from a few years ago. Is this of interest?

As seen in another thread, I recently sold this on ebay with full disclosure.

bodybag001bodybag1pttp8.jpg

bodybag002bodybag2ptkk3.jpg

Edited to add: There is a gnawing explanation that may explain the looks of that CBH. I’ll explain briefly:

It was Saturday morning and I was rushing to ready my submission for shipment. I had a coupon for 5 Early Birds In addition I was sending in 1 re holder for a total of 6 coins.

All my other coins were in appropriate flips except the CBH. In a rush I couldn’t find my Safe Flips and there was a cheap flip lying conveniently on my desk, this is the one I used. I had also given this CBH a rinse in acetone. It is not my standard procedure to rinse everything before submitting however I rinsed this one because I had handled it. I remember the CBH appearing still wet from the bath and fanning it quickly and placing it in the cheap flip. I then placed the CBH along with 2 other coins in a corrugated cardboard, self adhesive, safety mailer. The entire order was then placed inside a U S Postal Priority Box.

I made it to the Post Office at closing time.

In summary. A wet coin in a cheap flip, inside a self adhesive safety mailer, inside a USP Priority Mail Box, on a hot summer weekend in transit from Virginia to Southern Florida is not a good combination.

Here is one that I sent in prior to knowing how to properly look for evidence of cleaning. The marks from a wiping were clearly evident. foreheadslap.gif

Rey

1945DWLHCleanedObv.jpg

1945DWLHRevCleaned.jpg

NGC BB3 means the third variety of Body Bag that I have seen from NGC.

The date of your submission though means it definitely did NOT come between BB1 and BB2. (It can be very difficult to determine time frames of issuance for bodybags because you seldom see all the clues.)

As to whether or not your ASE BB would be of interest I can't say without seeing it. There is a lot I don't know yet about body bags because it is very hard to get good information about them. I tend to get very few responses when I ask to see bodybags. (I think a lot of people don't want to admit they get bodybags. And when I do get information it is seldom with the submission date information that will let me nail down a specific time of use.)

I don't think the cleaning BB was because of the acetone rinse. The coin looks to me like it was lightly polished long ago.

This one was a few years ago when I sent in a whole set. This is the only BB out of the 20 submitted.

1993asebb003700x700x150mx7.jpg

1993asebb005obv700x700xkv7.jpg