• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Some people just hate coins..

19 posts in this topic

I posted a thread on the playstation 3 forums asking how much a playstation 3 was (was thinking of buying one) and posted a picture of my $20 liberty.

Here's some of the responses I got:

"I think that you should go to www.geeksandgoldcoins.com and let them know about your purchase. Obviously your post has nothing to do with the PS3 and all you were trying to do was point out that you bought a piece of naturally occuring metal that has been stamped into a specific shape by a government to signify value.

Congratulations, you bought something that you can dig out of the ground and make into billions of different shapes. Your's just happens to be circular.

"

"you have 3000 post and dont know how much it cost and are dumb enough to pay for a piece of worthless useless metal so......................

"

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstat...ding&page=3

*Please tell me if this is off topic or not and I'll delete the thread.

Please don't flame me..I really want to make a good post but I don't know what to post about..

I'm not sure that they hate coins. I think their reactions may be different from their standard response to coins if they view your post as OT and possibly spam. It also seems it's not the first time you've posted coins in their non-coin forum.

I've also felt the "haters" before who think that coins are worthless because they are just "tiny circular pieces of metal" that are "not worth that much".

Stinkycheese, What kind of feedback do you think you would get if you posted a picture of a Playstation 3 on the NGC forum? I think you need to learn what is and is not appropriate. Learn and go on.

Stinkycheese, What kind of feedback do you think you would get if you posted a picture of a Playstation 3 on the NGC forum? I think you need to learn what is and is not appropriate. Learn and go on.

You're right, I shouldn'tve posted that. Ah live and learn.

cloud9.gif

I'm not sure that they hate coins. I think their reactions may be different from their standard response to coins if they view your post as OT and possibly spam. It also seems it's not the first time you've posted coins in their non-coin forum.

I posted some coins in the off topic forum on playstation.com and it had no problems.

There is a reason why there are different forums. Interest in what they are posting, is one of them. Post where the interest is! thumbsup2.gif

My dad was a self-proclaimed coin hater. Then I took him to a show. Now he single handedly keeps the US mint in business. Caught the bug in the worst kind of way. I think it comes from a lack of knowledge. And, of course, you ran into the wrong audience.

Had you posted a "Silver Surfer" Franklin Mint morphed Statehood quarter (which is in fact a "round" coin) you probably would have gotten "hoorays" all around.

The PS players were just voicing their opinion about something way off topic on their forum boards...you should have realized this and not posted above all things, a "gold" coin and then ask "How much are PS3 anyways?"

It gives the impression that if you own gold, you should not have to ask how much a gamer box would be.

lol..I don't believe I'm posting this on here...but... I got one for one of my sons a Christmas. Not the "CORE" PS3 but the full system with all the goodies and it ran me a little over 600 bux !... dang.. I coulda got a decent gold coin for that money.CC

lol..I don't believe I'm posting this on here...but... I got one for one of my sons a Christmas. Not the "CORE" PS3 but the full system with all the goodies and it ran me a little over 600 bux !... dang.. I coulda got a decent gold coin for that money.CC

And eventually it will just deappreciate in value just like all the other old systems.

Of course, it will take some time, but nevertheless will happen, where the coins value will flunctualate on slight premium/no premium + the price of gold.

Oh, and PS3's probably a little more fun smile.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif