• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hello from a New Member

22 posts in this topic

I posted this on the Numismatic Tangents board, and was told I should also post it here.

I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Robbie Jenkins, and I am a 23 year old graduate student from the great state of West Virginia. I am an avid collector of 19th century US Type Coins, as well as early coppers and Morgan Dollars. I am currently serving as a summer intern for the ANA, and learning quite a bit while having a great time. I am an active poster on several other message boards, but just joined the boards here after lurking for some time.

So, hello to everybody. I look forward to talking with all of you.

i was just kidding. i applied and got gentley let down no harm done. i've been to summer seminar 2 times on schlorship know the curator and a few other people at the ana. i'll be excited to seee what he puts together smile.gif

Welcome to the forum, Bob.

Good luck in your endeavors and you can look forward to an interesting page in numismatic history and should be provided a nice view.

hi.gif

...and welcome to the boards. I'm in graduate school as well, but I'm not your typical "grad school" student...I think I might be twice your age 27_laughing.gif

Leo

893scratchchin-thumb.gif....Ah, to be 23 years old again and spend the Summer

as an ANA intern.

Nice way to spend your vacation - enjoy yourself.

Welcome to the NGC Forums, Robbie

...there's a good group over here. You'll pick up alot.

BTW, which other Coin Forums do you post on - as it was

recommended by "the powers that be" at ANA - that you also post here ?

Thanks for the warm reception everybody. To answer a few questions, I finished my undergraduate work with majors in economics and political science, as well as a business minor. I just spent my first year in a graduate program in economics, although I often feel like I am more geared toward a business field rather than academia.

I post on the CoinTalk message board, on the WINS chat, and across the street at the PCGS boards. I always use the handle Shortgapbob.

By the way, I wasn't forced or compelled by any powers to post here. I'm here out of my own free will.

welcome robbie hi.gif

what are your dream 19th century type coins??

and what are your top three all time fav. 19th century type coins

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I would say that my three favorite type coins are Bust Quarters, Bust Halves, and Shield Nickels. The early Bust coins are so difficult to find with original skin, but they are outstanding looking pieces when they do show up. My dream 19th coins are a probably a nice, crusty high grade 1815/2 Bust Half (I don't even dream about the 1817/4), a top pop 1823/2 Bust Quarter, and an ultra grade 1880 Shield Nickel.

I must also say that I am a huge fan of nice, original chocolate brown half cents and large cents. If they have nice, chocolate surfaces, I don't really even care if they are VF or MS-65.

Thanks for the interest.

ANA Scholarship granted by PNG

I came across this article and it ties in with your internship at ANA Shortgapbob

So far your comments here have been well thought out and concise...you have a good eye for early coinage.