• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CSI: Talking about 09-S VDB's and AT Coins??

10 posts in this topic

They're following the murder of one of the dealer's customers, and they talk about him using sulfur to AT coins. They also show a "slider" 09-S VDB cent, and the CSI guy wants to trade it for a 16-D Mercury dime.

Dealer: "That's a nice one"

CSI guy: " Yeah, I've been meaning to get it slabbed."

I felt so at home! Of course, any other viewer has absolutely NO IDEA what these guys were talking about.

i just saw that one on spike. but the part i didnt liek was where he said "a 1907 saint gaudens double eagle gold piece, i've only seen that in books" see none of us talk like that it should have gone "07 Saint. what is that a 64?" you could tell he was a normy smile.gif

i just saw that one on spike. but the part i didnt liek was where he said "a 1907 saint gaudens double eagle gold piece, i've only seen that in books" see none of us talk like that it should have gone "07 Saint. what is that a 64?" you could tell he was a normy smile.gif

Yeah, that bothered me. What bothered me even more is that it looked like they used a modern PROOF replica, instead of something even remotely realistic.

yea same here. it looked WAY to big. and he said that the 09-s VDB was a slider. that didnt look like a borderline unc to me confused-smiley-013.gif

It had a lot of Mint Red remaining, it looked like a pretty nice coin. When that dealer pulled out the briefcase, I was expecting to see NGC and PCGS slabs, but all he had were those cheezy plastic holders screwy.gif

I'd be willing to bet that Fred Wineberg consigned those coins to be used in the show...a real gold coin on a set would be a disaster for insurance reasons.

I did not get to see the show, but anything to promote our hobby and get it out there is good PR.

thumbsup2.gif