• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Latest two Early Dollars. Guess the Grade?

14 posts in this topic

I will tell you I personally believe they've been cleaned. Not too harshly nor offensively, but cleaned nonetheless.

Guess the grade?

I recently purchased this album and although the process of filling it will be slow I'm hoping, over the next fifteen years or so to do so.

cloud9.gifOne coin at a time! cloud9.gif

earlydolx.jpg

earlydolxx.jpg

Nice coins Pat. That 96 has a lot of meat left on her bones.

I would guess 35+ and 20+

I am a little concerned about what is going on around RICA on the reverse of the 96 though.

I like them Pat. Cleaned a little as you know but hard to go that many years without seeing one cleaning at least. Not sure of grade but EF for both, the 96' a little better than the 99'!

Cleaned or not, Pat-absolutely gorgeous coins. I am sure you are quite proud of them both. Now that album-ambitious. Good luck and paitence.

Cleaned or not, Pat-absolutely gorgeous coins. I am sure you are quite proud of them both. Now that album-ambitious. Good luck and paitence.

Gorgeous coins Pat, guess xf-45 and vf-15 obverse scratch Beautiful cloud9.gifthumbsup2.gif

The first coin looks plugged, or at least severely altered or repaired in some fashion to me. EF+ details, but netted down considerably in value. The second coin looks polished, with Fine details. I'd call it VG.

I apologize if my commentary comes across as sounding harsh, as it isn't meant to be. As always, at the "right" price, these are priceless gems!

James, I missed the plug. Where are you looking so I may study the area carefully.

Thanks for all the comments guys.

So far I have the 1795 FH; 1795 SmEagle (you know where I located that one!) and the two above.

If you have leads on finding the others, such as an 1800 or 1801; 1802, or 1803, please let me know.

Any condition, just not too mangled.

Braddick, the area on the reverse between TED STA bothers me particularly, but overall, what looks to me like a "processed" appearance could indicate some sort of repair somewhere on the coin.

I'm probably wrong! I'm impressed that you have chosen to pursue coins of this caliber.