• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Am I missing something in this auction? Ends in ~30 min

12 posts in this topic

I was hoping to get this coin for around $15, but the bidding's up to around $20+shipping. Part of it is me bidding it up, but someone else has a pretty high bid, apparently. Other similar coins go for around $15. Am I missing something?

1943-P 5c, PCGS MS65

The other bidder is probably filling an empty slot...(collection/registry set. etc) thus willing to go a bit higher than the normal going prices in order to snag it.

They may also be hoping that it just might have a set of full steps where another grading service would gladly put a blessing on.

Just thoughts....I'm sure there are more.

(never end a sentance with a preposition...my 9th grade English teacher would preach time and time again, so what do I do?)

It could be bid that high because TNFC has a following on ebay, and on the bourse floor, so folks might feel comfortable in dealing with them and would prefer to buy through them.

This is a good example that to me demonstrates the positives of these forums. I myself have never run across this buyer on Ebay (not that I buy much there), but to see their presentation of the coins and combined with Tom's comments above, I would view this seller as a reputable one. Regardless of what folks are paying for the coins, to me this has just identified another potenitial reputable source of coins.

Rey

Here's one from the same buyer at $13 right now with 22 mins left.

43p jefferson

Well this one only went for $15.50.

I'm sure you'll catch one at a decent price sometime. It's alot of hit and miss.

Here's one from the same buyer at $13 right now with 22 mins left.

43p jefferson

Well this one only went for $15.50.

I'm sure you'll catch one at a decent price sometime. It's alot of hit and miss.

Yeah, I wasn't so crazy about the fields on that one. I think I may have found one from a dealer I've worked with before. If I get it, I'll post pics.

Thanks for the input, everyone. I was curious whether that other bidder was seeing something about that coin I didn't. It did seem to have above average eye appeal for what it was, compared to the other coins that were up for bids - I dunno. If I get that other coin I'm looking at, I think I'll like it better anyway.

I have bought coins from this seller and his coins tend to go for higher prices because they usually are nice for grade.