• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

adams dollars

11 posts in this topic

Which errors?

There are no confirmed missing edge lettering coins, to my knowledge. Many fakes out there.

Some minor errors, such as improper text spacing, etc.

They seem to be few and far between, unlike the George Washington Dollars.

Which leads me further to believe that the Godless Washingtons were a marketing ploy that the Mint pulled to get people interested in their new dollar coins. But of course the government will never admit that.

There has been a few twice-stamped edge errors. I have not heard about any smooth edge letters.

Scott hi.gif

Welcome to the forum, Jim. I agree the earlier Washington's were just a ploy and now hopefully they will settle down and do their job. Quality still sucks. After 3 rolls of Adams-not one coin that I would bother to keep. None above MS64-scratches and scrapes are the norm for the Adams. Good luck.

I have seen some of the twice stamped letters and a few smoothe edge on ebay. Nothing much more than that.

foreheadslap.gifDarn, where are my manners. Welcome Jim!! hi.gif

Welcome to the forum!

I have not heard nearly as much about the errors, but I did manage to find an Adams with an extra letter on the edge (I think it was a W, somewhere in the middle of E Pluribus Unum).

Ive seen many double edge lettering Adams dollars on ebay - they were once selling for over 200 dollars but i think its calmed down some to over a hundred dollars

Florida had the smooth edge Washingtons now Michigan has alot of double edge lettering Adams dollars

at the time of writing this ebay had one sell for 127

http://cgi.ebay.com/2007-P-John-Adams-Do...1QQcmdZViewItem

and i see more coming down the time table on ebay - FYI - i used "Adams" under coin and paper money column hi.gif

I seen someone selling some that showed to have lettering engraved twice on each coin. One set upright, the other set upside down on the same coin!