• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4 coins I couldn't resist (to be updated)

17 posts in this topic

These are 4 coins I won in the recent Goldberg auction, so don't cheat and look for the grades!!!

They're quick photos, and I didn't capture the luster in the busties, or the brightness of the gold piece, so I'll go back and rephoto soon and tac them onto this thread when I do.

The 1828 curl 2 is terrifically FROSTY with really amazing cartwheel effect amazing.

this photo shows the frost, not the cartwheeling

1834980-DSCN0005_edited.JPG

1834983-DSCN0006_edited.JPG

what follows is a really nice 1819, beautiful cartwheeling and really nice layer of tone. my photos came out a bit dark so...didn't reveal the luster

1834988-DSCN0013_edited.JPG

1834990-DSCN0014_edited.JPG

this 1871 Seated Dollar I couldn't resist because usually they are so darn ugly

1834993-DSCN0015_edited.JPG

1834994-DSCN0016_edited.JPG

and last but not least, the gold bug has bitten me once again, and I grabbed this Classic Head gold piece. Again, the photos suck so I'll try to repost more later

1835002-1834obversee%245.JPG

1834998-1834obverse%245.JPG

what can i say makepoint.gif

the seated dollar and classic head half eagle are to die for

totally undervalued extreme value and opportunity classic head gold coin and dare i say rare with great eye appeal above average strike looks to be a good medium undipped skin to it and looks like hail.gif a really choice unc. hail.gif to me from the photos

cloud9.gifi really like it lots cloud9.gif i will not say love as you can only love a person

the 1871 seated dollar well it is really rare looking like this with a fantastic skin and great eye appeal and well judst an all around great coin with incredible value eye appeal collectibility and history

both coins with a fundemential reason to rise in demand

Very nice coins Mike. thumbsup2.gif Don't know much about grading these (don't have my books with me 27_laughing.gif) so I'll just guess:

1828 - AU thumbsup2.gif

1819 - AU thumbsup2.gif

1871 - EF thumbsup2.gif

1834 -AU thumbsup2.gif

Hi, MikeKing hi.gif

Wow, your own coin version of the FANTASTIC FOUR! 893applaud-thumb.gif

The two Busties in MS 62 or MS63 are just great! The Seated Liberty in AU 55 is very nice. The 1834 Classic Head 5 Dollar gold piece, MS 62 or MS63 is a beauty! grin.gif Thanks for sharing with us.

AAJ

Very nice coins Mike. thumbsup2.gif Don't know much about grading these (don't have my books with me 27_laughing.gif) so I'll just guess:

1828 - AU thumbsup2.gif ----------------------63

1819 - AU thumbsup2.gif-----------------------63

1871 - EF thumbsup2.gif-----------------------55

1834 -AU thumbsup2.gif-----------------------58