• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Playing the Blues' Post 'em if you got 'em

66 posts in this topic

Great end roll toning J. That would make a great thread. Guess the year and Mint. 893applaud-thumb.gif I am guessing 55s. confused-smiley-013.gifthumbsup2.gif

Wow---impressive thumbsup2.gif 55S it is.

In fact, this came from the same roll that produced the world famous...one of a kind...R8....

Crying Lincoln

CryingLincoln.jpg

teardrop.jpg

Great end roll toning J. That would make a great thread. Guess the year and Mint. 893applaud-thumb.gif I am guessing 55s. confused-smiley-013.gifthumbsup2.gif

Wow---impressive thumbsup2.gif 55S it is.

In fact, this came from the same roll that produced the world famous...one of a kind...R8....

Crying Lincoln

CryingLincoln.jpg

teardrop.jpg

I knew i should have held on to that roll sorry.gif1834333-36_11_6.gif

1834333-36_11_6.gif.aa1b3b325b2a18d605ad29893c7d59c2.gif

Man, there are a WHOLE BUNCH of GORGEOUS coins here!!! hail.gif GREAT going everybody!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Here's a coin that had me singing the blues today (a FBL graded coin that is not FBL). BTW, the bottom half is not brown, but is a lustrous copper tone...

Franklin58N66FBLObv.jpg

And here are some coins that chase away my blues...

Franklin54S_66_805.jpg

sh1926pd1.jpg

CappedBust29MS63.jpg

886Rev_87N64_2070.jpg

There are just too many of these to chose from since I posted last. Very nice coins all. That 55s Lincoln is too cool.

"Very Nice" coins posted throughout this thread!!!!!!!! cloud9.gif

DSCN2686A.jpg

1920mnecomp.jpg

Img24204B.jpg

1957Dcmcomp.jpg

1910ccomp.jpg

Wow!!! What a bunch of great looking toners. Lee, Sy, Michael and all the many more. Sy, there are a couple of beauties there that I don't think you've ever posted before. Very nice. Lee, I'm always impressed with your Lincolns. A GREAT collection. And Boiler, you must have a direct link to the Smithsonian or some museum that funnels all their great material to you.

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif to everyone.

Boiler -- just amazing! I love old proof sets. My 1879 dime is from my attempt at a complete 1879 proof set.

Congrats those are some amazing coins. I wish I could accomplish with my set what you have.

Michael

I posted this a few days ago in another thread for the first time un edited. This is the same image except I used the auto adjust to bring the back ground to white and this is the results.

18938robvrevpan1100x450ae5.jpg

Thanks for the kind words on the 1871 proof set. I really didn't intend to buy it but I made a couple of mistakes.

first- I had it sent on approval.

second- I opened the package.

It was one of those purchase made instantly without having to search my sons room looking for my loupe. laugh.gif

Here is a new blue Trade dollar for the pattern collection.

J1322_copy.jpg

Beautiful Trade Dollar Boiler and that proof set is really special.

I don't know a lot about these early sets but the Seated coins are so well matched, they look as if they have been together from the start. Maybe the whole set has.

Could a person in those days buy these as full sets from the mint and if so, how was it packaged? How in the world did they survive all these years in this condition? How did folks store their coins in those days?

I know, I know, too many questions. grin.gif