• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Playing the Blues' Post 'em if you got 'em

66 posts in this topic

Blue is a delightful color on coins. cloud9.gif Let's see what you have in your collection of blue toned coins. Here's an 1887 Morgan to start the ball rolling...

1833507-1887BlueReverse.jpg

Here's another:

1833507-Toned1962nickelreverse.jpg

1833507-Toned1962nickelreverse.jpg.fe897cd5f0b30b5a6fe43ad4ab79a03e.jpg

beautiful coins, TJ-Bob-James-Lee, alas I have none of that hue or even close. I'll just sit back and enjoy those posted. Thanks for sharing.

Everyone of these coins above is wonderful, some very, very nice looking pieces and the blues are fantastic.

Rey

Very nice coins all. I like the way the lincolns and IhC's blue tone. It seems to be a common color for these that I have seen.

Here is my only blue one.......i happen to love this coin. almost sold it the other day in a fit of insanity, but i won't do that again. the blue is nice and vibrant, and these pictures are pretty accurate of the coloring:

1886 Morgan, NGC MS65

DSCN1167.jpg

DSCN1168.jpg

This is a fantasitic idea for a thread, these blues are amazing, and hey like they say if you don't like the blues then ............................

1901BarberObv.jpg\

1901BarberRev.jpg

IMG_0259.jpg

IMG_0260.jpg

nice Sower Rey! man, i don't know what it was about those coins, but they always seemed to pick up nice color! yours is really nice

Doug

Irvin,

Those are some deep blues on that coin, beautiful, I love that shade of blue.

Excellent coin and image.

Rey