• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

look at this so called MS-64-What a joke!

27 posts in this topic

That's strange Richard. I was just looking at this guys coins the other day. I'm not sure he understands what MS means. Some people have even bought his stuff and gave negative feedback saying it wasn't MS. foreheadslap.gif The picture showed'em that. makepoint.gif

The seller is either clueless about grading or is trying to fool those who are clueless. I'm guessing it's the former and not the latter.

Accordingly, I emailed the seller as follows: "Dear seller, the coin is obviously heavily circulated and therefore not mint state, much less MS64. When you call it MS64 it looks as if you are either trying to fool someone who has no clue or you, yourself have no clue about grading. Either way, it makes you look very bad." I'm usually nicer in such emails, but am feeling a bit grumpy this evening.

I sent him an email also:

Do you know that your coin might grade "Good"? You are mis-representing these coins. You would receive much more respect by describing your coins in the condition that they really are. Just an opinion to help you better yourself as an ebay seller!

I told him to buy a book on grading before he tried to grade coins for the general public. Thanks for the help guys if we keep it up, sooner or later, Ebay, will have to do something about these fraudulant sellers thumbsup2.gif

"THIS COIN WAS HAND PICKED LIKE MOST OF MY COIN'S FROM A BUNCH OF OPEN ROLL'S OF STANDING LIBERTY'S AND I ONLY PICKED THE BEST THIS COIN WOULD BE A GREAT ADDITION FOR YOUR COLLECTION OR A GREAT INVESTMENT EITHER WAY YOUR A WINNER WITH THIS QUARTER YOU GET A 1928 SILVER STANDING LIBERTY QUARTER DOLLAR IN MINT STATE 64 CONDITION THIS COIN HAS GREAT,GREAT DETAIL WITH PLENTY OF LUSTER "

Plenty of Luster1828958-36_11_6.gif

1828958-36_11_6.gif.a0150df6d9b8b7c97443477c4ee3cc4f.gif

I told him to buy a book on grading before he tried to grade coins for the general public. Thanks for the help guys if we keep it up, sooner or later, Ebay, will have to do something about these fraudulant sellers thumbsup2.gif
Relative to many other sellers on Ebay, that one is small potatoes and relatively harmless.

Check out this seller which someone else pointed out today and the "Grade Evaluation Company" items he is offering: link to listing

I suspect, though am by no means certain, that he is a self slabber who is assigning absurdly high grades to his own coins. I asked him about it and he was extremely evasive. His listings are far more dangerous than those of the seller first mentioned in this thread and sadly, there are many others like him out there.

Maybe he posted the wrong picture 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif
If so, he posted a number of wrong pictures, as that was not his only listing where his grade didn't match the image. wink.gif

Well the guy on the Standing Liberty relisted. lets see if Ebay does something about it. If he would of just put it in a holder and called it certified he would be in the right, right. foreheadslap.giftonofbricks.gif27_laughing.gif

Maybe he posted the wrong picture 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif
If so, he posted a number of wrong pictures, as that was not his only listing where his grade didn't match the image. wink.gif

The problem is that he has "MS64" written on the 2x2 itself. If you look at his other offerings, they feature similarly ridiculous grades. That said, I have the impression he might really be simply clueless.

I got a response from this guy back. Who knows, he may know nothing about coins from the sounds of it. Here's his response to me email:

Item: 1928 STANDING LIBERTY SILVER QUARTER MINT STATE64 COND. (190117783013)

This message was sent after the listing closed.

bellcoin919 is the seller.

thank you i'm new at this and i bought them this way graded already i want to thank you very much god bless you for having a heart,i'll do some reading about grading

thank you i'm new at this and i bought them this way graded already i want to thank you very much god bless you for having a heart,i'll do some reading about grading

If this is true it is sad. I hope he is being honest and will do some reading on grading. It begs to be answered what is he doing buying and selling merchandise he knows nothing about?

If this is true it is sad. I hope he is being honest and will do some reading on grading. It begs to be answered what is he doing buying and selling merchandise he knows nothing about?

Sounds like FRAUD to me ... Using terms an expert uses without proper understanding of thier meaning or Knowledge what they stand for ...

Sorry He is KNOWINGLY trying to RIP off the public and playing dumb... especially when they use the god bless *spoon* ... Thats a true give away right there ...

Wasn;t it the early 'EBAYERS' that were driven from the temple by Jesus ... God would not bless what he is doing but would cast him out ...

( IF the above analogy is not appropriate let me know and I will delete as needed )

Sounds like FRAUD to me ... Using terms an expert uses without proper understanding of thier meaning or Knowledge what they stand for ...

Sorry He is KNOWINGLY trying to RIP off the public and playing dumb... especially when they use the god bless *spoon* ... Thats a true give away right there ...

Wasn;t it the early 'EBAYERS' that were driven from the temple by Jesus ... God would not bless what he is doing but would cast him out ...

( IF the above analogy is not appropriate let me know and I will delete as needed )

I disagree. I believe that if he knew what he was doing and really trying to rip people off, he would assign grades which were not nearly so obviously ludicrous, even to the most uninformed of collectors. For example, he might call an AU coin (as opposed to an obviously heavily circulated example) MS64. Additionally, "God bless" is certainly used insincerely/as a cover up by many people, but there are also those who say it and mean it.

I disagree. I believe that if he knew what he was doing and really trying to rip people off, he would assign grades which were not nearly so obviously ludicrous, even to the most uninformed of collectors. For example, he might call an AU coin (as opposed to an obviously heavily circulated example) MS64. Additionally, "God bless" is certainly used insincerely/as a cover up by many people, but there are also those who say it and mean it.

He has so MANY feedbacks saying he has NO clue as to grading and continues still ...

This person also bought a LITTLETON encased generic coin and in his action is suddenly becomes an MS70 coin ... This was NEVER mentioned in HIS purchase of the coin/encasement when he purchased it ..

Enough said on this fellow ... I will move on smile.gif

( Its a pleasure butting heads again Mark smile.gif )

Notice the less than stellar feedback rating. Also, this guy know how to grade---he just chooses to grossly overgrade to rip off new collectors.

Check out this seller which someone else pointed out today and the "Grade Evaluation Company" items he is offering: link to listing

27_laughing.gif He even inflated his own grade on the holder calling a slabbed MS66 a MS67. Of course, this ignores the fact the coin is AU50.

jom

Unfortunately, this is the kind of garbage I get for the holidays and my birthday. I try to tell folks not to buy me coins but it’s difficult to say when folks are eagerly watching me inspect their present. “Oh what a wonderful coin…” foreheadslap.gif