• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

now hes mad at me!

22 posts in this topic

i live in idaho. and there is a local coin club that a guy is a member of and sells raw coins @ a antique/coin shop. every coin i got from him (mainly morgans and peace dollars) has come back body bagged(so i quit buying) i let him know this last weekend that all his coins i got from him have come back body bagged. and boy did he get mad! i let himknow in person and with no 1 arround so i didnt tarnish him to bad. after a 10 minute grunt session i let him know all he had to do was quit cleaning his coins and he would sell more probobly he walked away with a huff.

i dont think i did any wrong doing by the way i mentioned it to him and he shouldnt have gottin so mad! i hope he goes home and thinks about how much more he could get if they werent cleaned or buffed. as he walked away i let him know that a nice natural looking coin has more apeel to a collector than a buffed up sparkler smile.gif

has any1 else gotin some1 beefing mad just by trying to let them know a sertin something?

i havent baught anything in a while. but he did have what lookd like a nice capped bust half .thats what braught it up was i liked it but i know not to buy it smile.gif

Ant, I don't know why you would care if he's mad at you or not. He's either underhanded or stupid--either way not a good person to do business with.

Don't let it bother you, at least you have identified him for the type business person you do not want to deal with.

27_laughing.gif i dont care i was just baffled! i kindly took im away from others to keep it quiet and he huffs and puffs around all the other ppl making them wonder what was up then he got more mad. just ment as a lil haha thing. i thaught it was just weird he would act like that ,but o well smile.gif

the only thing i wanted im to do is stop cleaning good coins. he had a nice 28p (bb for buffing) and xf au capped (bb for rough cleaning).......u get where im going here. i like what he gets but he needs to stop cleaning so i kan buy them :P

i did get to tell im that if he gets something and thinks its ugly to stop think and call me!! a 100+yr old coin doesnt need to be brilliant to be worth money smile.gif hope he gets the point :P

lol i dont care i was just baffled! i kindly took im away from others to keep it quiet and he huffs and puffs around all the other ppl making them wonder what was up then he got more mad. just ment as a lil haha thing. i thaught it was just weird he would act like that ,but o well smile.gif

the only thing i wanted im to do is stop cleaning good coins. he had a nice 28p (bb for buffing) and xf au capped (bb for rough cleaning).......u get where im going here. i like what he gets but he needs to stop cleaning so i kan buy them :P

i did get to tell im that if he gets something and thinks its ugly to stop think and call me!! a 100+yr old coin doesnt need to be brilliant to be worth money smile.gif hope he gets the point :P

Hi Ant // just a question if you have this Kind of member in your Club should the Question be do i realy want to be in it ?? or is it your only club in your area ??

over hear in the UK the local club have asked me to join but when i hear about all the person_without_enough_empathying and "handbags at dawn" i wonder why they have all got together ?? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

i am not a member of a club. i went because i wanted to see what was floating around in potato land smile.gif and i knew about it from the seller(upset man)

hhmmmmm u just made me think maybe i should have told him at shop, maybe he thaught i kame just to out him. hhhmmmmmmm

Some dealers like selling shiny coins because they are pretty and people buy them. Yes, they "clean" them. He may just be dipping what he takes in that others have cleaned or mishandled previously. I've had a couple of dealers tell me that's how they make a lot of sales with casual/novice collectors.

What I admire most about your post is that you spoke with the man alone and expressed your concerns and loss of money from body bagged coins with him. Nothing wrong with that!

Ant, I don't know why you would care if he's mad at you or not. He's either underhanded or stupid--either way not a good person to do business with.

Don't let it bother you, at least you have identified him for the type business person you do not want to deal with.

Ditto!

I think you did right to tell him what he was dealing. It may make him step back and wonder if he's overdoing it. I know dealers will dip coins for sure. I watched one do it right in front of my face. They'll just pass those off to the next unsuspecting soul!!

Maybe he was mad at you, maybe he was mad at someone else or maybe he was just embarrassed. Either way, he had no good reason to be mad at you, other than if it turns out he was not cleaning coins as you accused him of.

However, if after having gotten a fairly large number of body-bags you keep buying coins without first learning more and/or having someone screen them for you, you should be mad at yourself. wink.gif

I have noticed that people get angry when they are exposed. In this case you exposed his peddling junk coins. Instead of making things right, it’s easier to just fly off the handle and make you feel like it’s all your fault. Classic.

However, if after having gotten a fairly large number of body-bags you keep buying coins without first learning more and/or having someone screen them for you, you should be mad at yourself. wink.gif

I agree with Mark. Ant, considering that you couldn't tell if a coin had been cleaned or not, isn't it possible that the seller is in the same boat?

Chris

this coin peddling guy is a hairless rat

he is mad at himself for you finding out out he is a human pathos

and as mark said he is embarassed

thumbsup2.gif

human pig dog for selling this *spoon*

i called im today and let im know that if he knows where they r coming from to watch for it. (so it was less blame on him) but he started ranting about how i suposedly did it in from of all and he thinks i could have been better bout it. i asked him would he had prefered a frikin note! im just letting him know and he gets all butt hurt so in my opinion he is the cleaner. if he wasnt the cleaner he would have stated or put it on some1 else.or he would say something like" ill watch for that" but the first reaction says it all smile.gif

his partner @ store said he had complaints b4 (i know this because he was yelling on phone @ me so the partner over herd him and yelled back" you have been told this b4"

i realy feal like saving ppl now and just outing him.but im not usualy that mean.

A little "Show & Tell" at that next club meeting, you know, a learning display of the coins you thought were collectable but were promptly returned from the grading service as "non-gradable" as per their reasons. A "What-you-need-to-know" before submitting to a grading company exposé'.

When people start asking you where you got the coins from (their first impression will be you bought them off of e-bay) you can just say that they were purchased from a local dealer under the auspices of them being problem free.

You don't have to even mention the name....people will figure it out for themselves. The dealer/seller may try to derail your efforts or perhaps negotiate those *spoons* return from whence they came.

Devious, no...practical, depends how strongly you feel about being a member of that club vs. outing a unscrupulous seller.

im not the member so im thinking of just that! i wont out him but i kinda will be ,ill go and show the 7 bb coins and let them figure it out. 1 good thing came of this guys coins, i have now started using his coins and some of my creations to show effects of cleaning and what to look for smile.gif

im not the member so im thinking of just that! i wont out him but i kinda will be ,ill go and show the 7 bb coins and let them figure it out. 1 good thing came of this guys coins, i have now started using his coins and some of my creations to show effects of cleaning and what to look for smile.gif

I had a similar "learning experience" with copper coins...at least I know what to look for now.

crazy.gif

Leo

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

the truth always hurts

time for him to give you a 100% refund

at best case and this would be really rare ----- he is a freakin stupid clueless *spoon*

most likely he knows exactly what he is doing and this proves it by his indignation

but he is still a hairless rat

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

the truth always hurts

time for him to give you a 100% refund

at best case and this would be really rare ----- he is a freakin stupid clueless *spoon*

most likely he knows exactly what he is doing and this proves it by his indignation

but he is still a hairless rat

*spoon*...hmmmm... that's what someone called me when I said he was a "coin doctor"... tonofbricks.gif