• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yahoo Auctions

16 posts in this topic

Yahoo is retiring it auction site. Today is the last day a seller can list. June 16 is the last day you can buy from this site. Has everyone ever tried to sell coins on this site? Have you ever found any good coin deals on this site?

I have never looked at thier auction site. Didn't even know they had one. confused-smiley-013.gif

I have been a member since 2001 and so I know they have been around for a long time.

I believe I registered there years ago for the sole purpose of using my ebay name so that no one else might take it and do potential harm to any reputation that I might have.

I registered at Yahoo Auctions back in 2001. At the time, there was a fee to list your coins on the site. The fee was less than Ebays and I think the site was at its best when they charged to list.

Later they went to free listing and the a lot of the sellers would just keep listing their coins, over and over, at high prices hoping someone would buy them.

Over the years I did did pick up some coins at great prices. Prices better than Ebay at the time. Here is a partial list:

1723 Hibernia PCGS VF-25

1875-CC Twenty Cent Piece PCI EF-40

1811 Capped Bust Half Raw AU-58

1839-O Reeded Edge Half Raw AU-53

1900 Lafayette Dollar NGC MS-61

1875-S Trade Dollar PCGS VF-35

1898-S Liberty Double Eagle NGC MS-62

1914-D St. Gaudens NGC MS-62

I took a gander through the site a couple of times, and it seemed to me that if they were not happy with the going price they could just pull the listing, without any kind of penalty. So I passed on bidding on that site.