• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If you like Silver Dollars....

35 posts in this topic

Why not collect something like this? These are cheap, look great and are silver. Plus they also tie into with your Birthyear. Have a look at this reverse proof.

aussie1.jpg

Something about the Australian Chinese Zodiac coins does not appeal to me. If I am collecting something Chinese-related I would collect Pandas... in fact, I do! thumbsup2.gif

Scott hi.gif

Something about the Australian Chinese Zodiac coins does not appeal to me. If I am collecting something Chinese-related I would collect Pandas... in fact, I do! thumbsup2.gif

Scott hi.gif

I like the pandas also Scott. Actually I have bought them for my wife. She loves them.

Nice coin, but I'd rather have the sold out 2007 Canada $8 vault protector coin or these 2006 Britannias wink.gif
Those aren't 2006 britannias (well, the upper-right one may be). The others are 99, 01, 03, and 05.
Are you sure? I've looked for up close photos showing the date but haven't been able to find any. MichaelS ATS mentions that these may have a special matte finish in addition to the gold so they might be new coins? confused-smiley-013.gif

I stand corrected. I wasn't aware that the BRM made new coins dated 2006,

but this close-up photo of the set shows that they did just that.

Gimicky, IMHO

b7fa_3.JPG

In China, is 2007 the year of the "Pot Bellied Pig"

I don't understand the correlation between Australia/China on a round?

Enlighten me.

I don't understand the correlation between Australia/China on a round? Enlighten me.
There are probably a bunch of Chinese people living in Australia.

I stand corrected. I wasn't aware that the BRM made new coins dated 2006,

but this close-up photo of the set shows that they did just that.

Gimicky, IMHO

b7fa_3.JPG

i like the set! where can i get my hands on 1 and would ngc grade them?

Nice coin thumbsup2.gif. I'm not into world coins myself. Is this one of yours Bruce!

This is one my coins I own. I like the reverse proof design on it.

In China, is 2007 the year of the "Pot Bellied Pig"

I don't understand the correlation between Australia/China on a round?

Enlighten me.

These coins are not put out by the Austrlian mint. They are put out by the Perth Mint. The Perth Mint would be like the Gallery Mint here or the Franklin mint. They need coins that will sell. This is a popular series. As for why Chinese and Australian. Givin its geographical location(Australia), it is not all that far from China. There are many Japanese and Chinese in Australia. That is the only reason I can see other than the sales of coins like this are good around the world. Money talks...

These coins are not put out by the Austrlian mint. They are put out by the Perth Mint. The Perth Mint would be like the Gallery Mint here or the Franklin mint.
Are these not legal tender then?

Fun reverse design, Bruce. thumbsup2.gif

Plus they also tie into with your Birthyear.

Does this make you a bore or a pig? foreheadslap.gif FYI, I'm a dog...

Well it's hard to spit this out but here goes, I'm A Pig!! 27_laughing.gif

We already knew that.... foreheadslap.gif

Just kidding, just kidding! You're a great guy! stooges.gif

I am not about to say what I am.......

Rey

Don't be ashamed Rey, I had to spit mine out. And of course, Chad caught me 27_laughing.gif

I always wanted to put together a 1ounce coins set from around the world. There is something like 20+ different pieces but I would figure the availability would make it a difficult set to assemble.

I always wanted to put together a 1ounce coins set from around the world. There is something like 20+ different pieces but I would figure the availability would make it a difficult set to assemble.
You mean one coin from each country?

yes… for example, SAE, Maple, Panda, Libertad (Mexico), Britannia… these are the most common... there are some pretty obscure mints making one ounce silver coins. Hard to find but some of them are real purty-like.

yes… for example, SAE, Maple, Panda, Libertad (Mexico), Britannia… these are the most common... there are some pretty obscure mints making one ounce silver coins. Hard to find but some of them are real purty-like.
Ah, one from each regular bullion series. Some countries, e.g. China and Mexico, issue their modern commems as 1 oz coins as well which would be a lot of coins to collect.