• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Montreal Summer Olympics, Silver Issues 1973-1976 Proof Sets

4 posts in this topic

I wanted to see if anyone here is interested in these before I attempt to sell to the general public.

Offering - Seven Montreal Olympics Silver Proof Sets in Original Cases.

In 1976, Montreal Quebec, hosted the XXI Olympiad. To commemorate and help finance Canada's first Olympics, the federal government agreed to porduce a series of twenty-eight silver and two gold coins. There are seven series of silver coins with each series having two $5 and two $10 coins, making a total of fourteen coins of each deonmination. Each series depicts different Olympic themes on the reverse and has a common design (except for the date) on the obverse, of Queen Elizabeth II.

These coins were offered to the collector in two finishes, brilliant uncirculated and proof. The proof sets, which is what I am offering, came in cases made of Canadian white birch with a tanned steer hide cover with a black insert. Each of the seven sets has the original Numbered Certificate of Authenticity for that respective series and individual set.

I am posting an example picture of one of the sets. I can provide any type or number of pictures you desire if you like.

If you have any interest in this entire set (seven sets/4 coins each/28 total), please PM me. (I am keeping the two gold coins, sorry)

Thanks,

Rey

OlympicSeriesExample.jpg

OlympicSeriesCase.jpg