• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

$701.00 with 2 days to go

11 posts in this topic

I noticed that the opened siver sets are steady at about $550. This set is unopened and still would qualify for the anniversary designation.

People are nuts!

Verily. I just don't get that.

Hoot

Which begs the question, Are we nuts for sitting on them?? confused-smiley-013.gif

People are nuts!

Hoot

Which begs the question, Are we nuts for sitting on them?? confused-smiley-013.gif

If I had any in unopened boxes, I'd sell them now. I have but one SAE 20th Ann. set that's been opened but in the original Mint box. I just sold my gold set that was graded out by PCGS. Just could not justify keeping the set, given its extraordinary rise in value.

Hoot

People are nuts!

Hoot

If I had any in unopened boxes, I'd sell them now. I have but one SAE 20th Ann. set that's been opened but in the original Mint box. I just sold my gold set that was graded out by PCGS. Just could not justify keeping the set, given its extraordinary rise in value.

Hoot

I have one unopened set also Hoot. I think I'm gonna sit on that one. I do beleive the Rev proof is going to be worth more in the future.

I recently sold two opened sets to another member for $760, and I note that now dealers in CW are advertising them for $629 per set. Should I have waited? NAH! I made a decent return on my investment, and I hope the buyer will be able to do the same. What was disappointing to me was the fact that the Mint cancelled my order placed in early October for six additional sets. I had already received confirmation for four (counting the opened sets).

The two sets that were submitted for grading came back PF69UCAM, PF70UCAM, REVPF69, REVPF69, MS69 & MS69 which was the unfortunate drawback for having to submit them "blind" and not being able to inspect them beforehand. Perhaps if I had gotten the other six sets from the Mint, I may have been able to get a complete set of 70's. Who knows? NOTE: If I had gotten a complete set of 70's and a complete set of 69's, I probably would have sold the 70's for an obscene profit and kept the 69's.

C'est la vie!

Chris

i dont sit on anything. an investment is just that for investing! if a profit is to be made for me the item is gone!

when the 06 burnished came out i went in with some1 on around 15 of them a pc. i then sold half of them for a mere 65$ a pc. now they r geting 100-130 a pc. i still made double my investment so im good!