• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Choosing a Coin Holder/Display Option

11 posts in this topic

I am familiar with the various types of holders, albums, and other display options available for coins but even after looking through the WYNTK posts and in this forum, I would still like to get some feedback and opinions on what people out here prefer and why.

I currently have many sets of different types of coins in Whitman Folders (circulated) and Capitol Plastic Holders (uncirculated). I want to utlize something which offers better protection and conservation as well as something that is easy to store, look at and display the coins.

It seems a lot of folks out here utilize Air Tite Holders and/or Dansco Albums.

Recommendations are very welcome.

Thanks,

Rey

I have 3 dansco albums Rey, One is for the Uncir Prez dollars that haven't been issued yet. I use one for my uncir. Statehood Qtrs and the lincoln album I got the other day. I actually just bought me a buff & SAE dansco to move my coins from the whitman folders. I will eventually move my jeffersons and roosevelts out of thier whitman folders to the Dansco. I like the way that the Obv & Rev can be seen very easily and I've also heard of nice toning by these albums. A few of my lincolns are looking very nice in it's dansco. I'm sold on Danscos.

I use Kointains for my raw coins and I highly recommend them to others, though I believe they are not universally loved.

I prefer AirTites. I like the look of the AirTites with rings (black ring) over direct fit. I am keeping sets of uncirculated silver Britannias, Maple Leafs, and Pandas in AirTite holders, each in an AirTite storage box. My uncirculated American Silver Eagles are in a Littleton Album, which I received free! The rest of my collection is in Whitman Classic Albums with the back of the cabinet lined with packs of dessicant. This is not a commentary of Whitman Albums. I would have packs of dessicant regardless of the albums used.

That being said, I have to say that I am very impressed with the quality and look of the Littleton Albums. They are really nice albums and seem to be better made than Whitman and Dansco. There seems to be an attention to detail that the other companies are missing. I am not going to convert my Whitman albums to Littleton albums, but I am considering Littleton albums for future purchases!

Scott hi.gif

Eagle Holders give by far the greatest flexibility, offer outstanding protection, and make for an attractive display. That would be my #1 suggestion. Dansco albums are my #2 choice.

I would agree with James regarding Eagle Holders but I prefer the Whitman albums with the slide windows to the Dansco.

If I got the oak cabinet, I would get the locking one that would COMPLETELY STYMIE burglars.

grin.gif

laughingviking.gif

Yeah I didn’t bother to get the lock one. In fact, my best coins don’t even reside in that case unless we are having company. It’s sorta like the good china that you never use unless people come over. I do leave a few cheapies in there though. It looks silly when it’s empty.

Thank you everyone for your input. I will look real closely at the options, and go from there. I had never looked at the Eagle ones before.

Seems to be some different types for different coins/puposes.

Rey