• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT,,,,Really OT.......Seriously............O effin T.....

23 posts in this topic

I gotta get a freakin life yeahok.gif

Dena ....I deserve better than;

FACT if I stop posting, trillions and trillions of transistors would be out of work.

Deeeeennaaaaaaa flowerred.gif

Thanks Rey..

EEEE-JO, MAULEMALL 893applaud-thumb.gif

Congratulations on the 4000 posts! 893blahblah.gif

Thanks for all the shares of wit and information throughout the years! hail.gif

AAJ

Why not post it in the numismatic tangents forum, then, where at least it would be somewhat less OT? Putting "OT", etc. in the subject line doesn't make it any less OT, nor does the fact that posters aren't forced to read it. And, in case you think I'm picking on you, I used to say the same thing to CU posters when they started obviously OT threads.

Why not post it in the numismatic tangents forum, then, where at least it would be somewhat less OT? Putting "OT", etc. in the subject line doesn't make it any less OT, nor does the fact that posters aren't forced to read it. And, in case you think I'm picking on you, I used to say the same thing to CU posters when they started obviously OT threads.
Mark, The man's got about 4X's the post as you do, show some feakin respect. ::Sheesh::

Mark, The man's got about 4X's the post as you do, show some feakin respect. ::Sheesh::
Pat, the quantity of one person's posts relative to those of another shouldn't and doesn't mean anything to me. Speaking of "respect", starting an obviously OT thread on the US coin forum could be construed as showing a lack of "respect" to the forum and I have refrained from commenting on other OT posts in the past. You and others are obviously free to disagree.

You must have a life. You've been on the boards for 4 years, so that's only 1,000 posts a year, which is less than 3 a day.

What's OT??

Over the Top. EDITED TO ADD: Vapor lock of the brain. OTT is Over the top. OT is OFF TOPIC. Sorry.

It is painfully obvious I forgot to add the following to my post up above...

flowerred.gifpoke2.gifflowerred.gif

(I was just playing with you Mark...)

Congratulations, Patrick! Now that you have achieved this milestone, have you set any new goals?

Chris

Wooooo Hooooooooooo......Thanks guys....

I just got back from court and after 5+ years I think I will finally be done with the custody aspect..... 893whatthe.gif

893censored-thumb.gifing lawyers should just DIE...they are the pimple on the *spoon* of Life Christo_pull_hair.gif

I see that all of my posts have 1 star so at least I know mike and michael are reading my stuff thumbsup2.gif

I'm sorry about the OT Mark but hey ,,,,What can you do.... confused-smiley-013.gif

Whats done is done flowerred.gif

Chris posted

Congratulations, Patrick! Now that you have achieved this milestone, have you set any new goals?

I think I have....I think I am going to start selling off about 90% of my "Hoard" and rework a lot of my collection....Recycle if you will...

Mark implied that it's not about the amount of posts that get you respect...

He is absolutely 100% correct....

It's the amount of knowledge you aquire from reading that gets you self respect...

We have all types here.. And I can Honestly say I have learned from ALL of them...

Even the Tools who came to Flame,,,And the guys who can't do a thing but cut and paste...

• Administrator
Pat, the quantity of one person's posts relative to those of another shouldn't and doesn't mean anything to me. Speaking of "respect", starting an obviously OT thread on the US coin forum could be construed as showing a lack of "respect" to the forum and I have refrained from commenting on other OT posts in the past. You and others are obviously free to disagree.

On the other hand, OT posts are occasionally like the "small talk" at a party. It keeps individuals involved in the flowing conversation and builds relationships as well as context for further conversation. However, if it gets out of hand it can make things a little messy.

Still, just pointing out that OT banter isn't entirely useless. It serves a social purpose, and a good strong percentage of the reason people participate in message boards are the social reasons.

893scratchchin-thumb.gifyay.gifgrin.gif

On the other hand, OT posts are occasionally like the "small talk" at a party. It keeps individuals involved in the flowing conversation and builds relationships as well as context for further conversation. However, if it gets out of hand it can make things a little messy.

Still, just pointing out that OT banter isn't entirely useless. It serves a social purpose, and a good strong percentage of the reason people participate in message boards are the social reasons.

893scratchchin-thumb.gifyay.gifgrin.gif

AMAIZING 893whatthe.gif Those were my thoughts exactly...Again proving why the MODs here are the ABSOLUTE BEST at what they do thumbsup2.gif

Thanks Arch....

Now about the transisters out of work thingy...

poke2.gif

"You need to get a life?"

No way! There is nothing wrong with making a hobby a large part of your life!

4000 posts = lots and lots of help for others in the hobby. Congrats!

Giveaway? 893scratchchin-thumb.giftakeit.gif

I see that all of my posts have 1 star so at least I know mike and michael are reading my stuff thumbsup2.gif

You and Tubbs can start a support group!

You and Tubbs can start a support group!

27_laughing.gif,,,Don't forget Braddick 27_laughing.gif

Congrats on the 4000 mark there Pat!
Congrats on your 3000 thumbsup2.gif

Why thank you. I didn't even notice! Man we must've had a lot to say. And I ain't even done yet! 27_laughing.gif