• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

!963 Lincoln help!!

22 posts in this topic

I'm going thru the dansco album I bought at the TNA show and was wondering about this 63' lincoln. Is this considered a proof?

lincolns001.jpg

lincolns002.jpg

Bobby,

Yes pre 1968 proofs were struck at the Philadelphia Mint except for a few occasions where some were struck at Branch Mints. And of course during the years that special Mint sets were struck 1965-1967. There was also a lapse of proof coins from 1943-1949. Current proofs come from the San Francisco and West Point mints.

Rey

Bobby, with the cameo dusting on some of the devices and the details in the steps I would say that is a proof.

I remember that coin from the TNA show. It is 100% a proof. smile.gif I bet those lincolns are alot of fun to work with. smile.gif

I actually went thru and graded every one of them last night. I have a software program that uses PCGS values so we know how extreme those can be, but it came up with 200 lincolns in the album. That includes the few extra that I bought for about $15. I paid $40 for the album. The overall value came up to $578. So if I cut that by at least 1/4th, that's a bout $145 worth of lincolns maybe. I had some MS's come up in the 1930's and then more from the 40's and up. The steel pennies were MS63. Besides the 63 proof it had all the proofs from 68' up thru 89'. Not bad if I do say so my self. I'll have to try to photo my 56D, cause it has some great toning to it. thumbsup2.gif

Bobby,

Great news on the Album, good going and good pick up at the show. Look forward to seeing the toned 56. thumbsup2.gif

Rey

Well the pics don't do this 56D much justice. I forgot to air off the rev. so it has a little album fuzz on it. I just couldn't get all the blue from the obv to show. Anyhow, here it is. Do you think a little acetone wold help some of the spots without taking out the toning? Don't know how that would work on copper. confused-smiley-013.gif One more thing, can you grade this while your at it to see if I graded these close enough?

56Dlincolnobv.jpg

56dlincolnrev.jpg

the reverse looks like it could be 64 or 65, but I can't tell anything about the obverse. I might be concerned, it looks like something funny at the rim above GOD, like some PVC or verdigris.

the reverse looks like it could be 64 or 65, but I can't tell anything about the obverse. I might be concerned, it looks like something funny at the rim above GOD, like some PVC or verdigris.

Yea that's what I was looking at too. I'm wondering if some acetone might help this. I like the Rev on this. I actually graded this an AU50 due to the Obv not being in as good shape as the Rev.. confused-smiley-013.gif

Yea that's what I was looking at too. I'm wondering if some acetone might help this. I like the Rev on this. I actually graded this an AU50 due to the Obv not being in as good shape as the Rev.. confused-smiley-013.gif

Nice looking coins Bobby. thumbsup2.gif

You might pm Greg M. about how to "work" on coppers.

Nice looking coins Bobby. thumbsup2.gif

You might pm Greg M. about how to "work" on coppers.

Thanks Sky!

I saw the 1956 in hand and it is rather nice. Does not look like the photos. It is a bit darker and rich in color. Sweet coin in hand! That reminds me I was looking at some of the quarters I bought and it looks like I may have hit the jackpot!

I saw the 1956 in hand and it is rather nice. Does not look like the photos. It is a bit darker and rich in color. Sweet coin in hand! That reminds me I was looking at some of the quarters I bought and it looks like I may have hit the jackpot!

I think we both got a pretty good deal on these albums Bruce. Yours had some very nice washingtons from what I could see. And to think I thought they were high priced empty albums. foreheadslap.gif