• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which of these need re-imaging?

19 posts in this topic

I have finally finished re-imaging my type set and making a Google Picasa album, but I'm not satisfied with the images. There are a few that I think need to be re-done (1853 H10c, 1853 25c, 1920 25c, Lexington), but I would like some other opinions, if you would be so kind smile.gif .

Thanks!

Zach

Re-imaged Type Set

First thing that stands out is the copper. Most of it looks too dark. Maybe some more lighting? Unless these coins really are that dark in hand.

Zach,

I really like the site and your layout, very impressive. I'm with Chad though ont he copper, the early coins. I would lighten them up a bit, unless they are in fact that dark in hand. If so, would you be able to post a secondary pic that indicates lightened for better view or something?

Nice Display

Rey

That’s a really nice set of circulated type coins you’re assembling Zach, thumbsup2.gif they all look very good together with their original looking crusty toning. cloud9.gif

Your photos are in focus and sharp, that’s half the battle, but I’ll agree the copper is dark, (except for your 2 cent piece). I think all of your pictures should be lighter and have more contrast. Some of your coins like the 1803 cent and your 1935 Buffalo nickel should be lit with two lights, the high relief on those coins make pretty large shadows when only one light is used.

Here’s a few of your pictures that I edited a bit to increase the contrast and brighten;

Zachs.jpg

Really nice job of acquiring good coins and presenting them in a clean fashion. As others have mentioned some copper is too dark, especially the large cents, and the type I Buffalo seems underlit, too.

I’m so impressed by your collection each time I see it. I like this format where I can see so many coins at one time. When did you get that 1805 cent? I like that one a lot thumbsup2.gif

Hey everyone, thank you for all of the great advice!

The copper is actually that dark in hand (except maybe the indian, which I will redo), so I would like to keep it as realistic as possible.

Winston, I bought the 1803 from Shawn Yancey at earlycoppercoins.com with the help of MikeinFL.

I have tried imaging it with two lights, but I lose the color, which is dead on. That image was taken with one open light and one diffused light.

I will redo the buffalos as well.

I will post the new images tonight.

Zach

Hey everyone!

Sorry it took so long to reimage these, I have a reasearch paper for AP Bio (counts as the final exam grade smile.gif ) that has been taking all of my time.

The following are re-imaged and uploaded: 1853 H10c, 1913 5c, 1853 25c, 1920 25c, Lexington

I left the copper alone because it really is that color in hand. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Let me know what you think! laugh.gif

They all look pretty good Zach. The copper is still alittle dark but I know how troublesome they can be to image. The only thing you may want to pay attention to now is to make sure the coins are straight up. Nitpicky? Maybe, but it does look better. Very nice pics Zach!!

I have a reasearch paper for AP Bio

Nerd alert!!!! tongue.gif

I like the layout of the type-set the best – if you’re taking comments on that. Your type set has actually inspired my 7070 set. I love it thumbsup2.gif.

I have a reasearch paper for AP Bio

Nerd alert!!!! tongue.gif

You better believe it! smile.gif

I like the layout of the type-set the best – if you’re taking comments on that. Your type set has actually inspired my 7070 set. I love it thumbsup2.gif.

Thanks! I like it better too, I just haven't reimaged my other sets yet. tongue.gif

So, what is the topic you are writing about for AP Bio? Some of us older nerds want to know...especially HOOT MUST DIE!!! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

We're doing the more environmental/ecological topics, and although I would much rather do something more relating to biochemistry, I am reasearching biodiesel fuel. I actually just finished the research, so I have to write the paper tomorrow. Christo_pull_hair.gif

I guess I came in kind of late in this thread, but I have to say that collection is very eye appealing and quite an accomplishement. I have no problem with any of the photos as it stands now.

bravo 893applaud-thumb.gif

Nice set of coins and a very nice presentation. I must work on my photography skills it just adds another element to collecting cool.gif Google rocks 893applaud-thumb.gif Thanks for sharing