• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What do you think of this idea?

13 posts in this topic

A few years ago, I purchased the entire set of Presidential Medals (Washington - Clinton) from the Mint. At that time the 1-5/16" specimens were $2.25 each. Currently, the Mint is selling them for $3.50. Now that the Mint is producing the Presidential Dollars, I thought it would make a nice presentation to have the medals and coins graded and encapsulated in the multi-holders. Two Presidential Dollar coins and their respective medals could be housed in each slab.

Which arrangement do you think would look nicer?

1) The dollar coins in the middle flanked by their respective medals on the outside? Or,

2) The medals in the middle flanked by their respective dollar coins on the outside? Or,

3) Alternate dollar, medal, dollar, medal? Or,

4) Alternate medal, dollar, medal, dollar?

The only thing that may create a controversy would be having a Demcr@t and a Republic@n in the same slab. What do you think?

Chris

I don't know what the sizes are, but if the medals are larger, put them in the middle and have them flanked. I wouldn't alternate. do one or the other.

is there a nice mahogany box with royal blue felt you can stick these in? would look real nice.

I would go for option 3 BUT add a nice washinton double headed no date cent to a middle slot 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Dooly, I hate to say this, but now I understand why your kind lost the Revolutionary War. 27_laughing.gif

Chris

I don't know what the sizes are, but if the medals are larger, put them in the middle and have them flanked. I wouldn't alternate. do one or the other.

is there a nice mahogany box with royal blue felt you can stick these in? would look real nice.

The medals are larger. Geez, Mike, mahogany sounds nice, but the custom-made boxes would cost more than the coins and medals.

Chris

I would go for option 3 BUT add a nice washinton double headed no date cent to a middle slot 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Dooly, I hate to say this, but now I understand why your kind lost the Revolutionary War. 27_laughing.gif

Chris

we did not "Kinda" lose the Revolutanary we just could not be bothered 27_laughing.gif to much hassle 27_laughing.gif every one just got stoned insted 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif "O" yes went and kicked the Scotch in insted 27_laughing.gif

1813418-AJBDY8.jpg

1813418-AJBDY8.jpg.e49d0d1e0639eafb7832b6c8bf22b724.jpg

Maybe add the first lady? smile.gif

I thought about that, too! The question remains, what do you do with the M&M girls.......................Marilyn & Monica?

Seriously, I'd like to keep all of the holders balanced and equal and not all of the Presidents were married.

Chris

I thought about that, too! The question remains, what do you do with the M&M girls.......................Marilyn & Monica?

Now that's good.

dog42.gif

Now that's good.

dog42.gif

893whatthe.gif1813590-4_1_72.gif

1813590-36_11_6.gif

1813590-36_11_6.gif.0599164ddcabdd74ee903f7d1d9f53a0.gif

Seriously, I'd like to keep all of the holders balanced and equal and not all of the Presidents were married.

Chris

Chris, Is it true the Monica Medal has milk spots?

Chris

Chris, Is it true the Monica Medal has milk spots?

Nah, it's been dipped too many times.

Chris