• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm still looking for a little bit of color, but..................

23 posts in this topic

I couldn't pass this up. Honestly, I have to say that looking at so many beautiful coins on these boards could easily bankrupt most anyone if they tried to acquire similar specimens. Every one of the commems that I have tried to obtain with really nice toning has always been just beyond my means.

1813189-IMG_1578.JPG1813189-IMG_1579.JPG

Chris

1813189-IMG_1579.JPG.652b7d6e2dd41b9b8cbaba862f52d744.JPG

devil.gif thats not the one i was bidding on in germany was it ??????? devil.gif

I got this on eBay with a "Make Offer" for $100 less than the BIN.

Chris

devil.gif thats not the one i was bidding on in germany was it ??????? devil.gif

I got this on eBay with a "Make Offer" for $100 less than the BIN.

Chris

WoW nice one £50 of the BIN

i bid the one in germany to 300 euros wish i had bid some more now as it was NGC graded MS-67 foreheadslap.gif

One of my favorites.

Maryland-1.jpg

nice coin rey the bust looks like Charles II 27_laughing.gif

That is nice, Rey. Thanks!

Dooly, the Maryland Colony was founded by Cecil Calvert, Lord Baltimore, and the earliest settlement was established in 1634 on the eastern shore of the Chesapeake Bay at Kent Island. I always thought it strange that they chose this location rather than across the bay on the western shore at or near the mouth of the Patuxent River. A western shore location would have been a safer haven as opposed to the unprotected and flat marshlands along the eastern shoreline.

Sixty years later, in 1694, Annapolis (on the Patuxent River) was established as the State Capital. Today, it remains the oldest statehouse still in use. It's also interesting to know that the Annapolis Historic District contains more pre-Revolutinary War structures than any other historic district in the nation.

Chris

Chris, I like it a lot...*spoon* this easter egg color thing. It's a kick. Go for the real coin. I love it.

Mike, I go both ways on this issue. About 18 months ago, I asked one particular dealer to be on the lookout for me for any 20's and 30's commems with nice toning. He sent me an e-mail to tell me that he had just posted some Oregon Trails with beautiful tab toning. He also had a nice Maryland Terc with irridescent hues. The prices seemed reasonable so I called him immediately, but they were all sold. Oh, well!

Chris

Chris, I like it a lot...*spoon* this easter egg color thing. It's a kick. Go for the real coin. I love it.

Mike, I go both ways on this issue. About 18 months ago, I asked one particular dealer to be on the lookout for me for any 20's and 30's commems with nice toning. He sent me an e-mail to tell me that he had just posted some Oregon Trails with beautiful tab toning. He also had a nice Maryland Terc with irridescent hues. The prices seemed reasonable so I called him immediately, but they were all sold. Oh, well!

Chris

tab toning can be real pretty. there will be others!

I couldn't pass this up. Honestly, I have to say that looking at so many beautiful coins on these boards could easily bankrupt most anyone if they tried to acquire similar specimens. Every one of the commems that I have tried to obtain with really nice toning has always been just beyond my means.

Chris

This coin looks pretty much like the same one I just bought, I just hope I did not pay to much for it.

foreheadslap.gif

Ray

Chris

This coin looks pretty much like the same one I just bought, I just hope I did not pay to much for it.

foreheadslap.gif

Ray

The seller listed it for $299 on a BIN, and I made an offer for $200 which he accepted. It is in an NGC MS65 holder. The important thing is that I'm happy with it.

Chris

Chris - you got a nice Texas Commemorative. It is well struck and lustrous. While I prefer a little color too, you did well on this coin. 893applaud-thumb.gif

These Texas commems have been frowned up on by many collectors as being "too busy", but I personally like them very much for the amount of detail concentrated in that design. I like the San Diego's for the same reason! Great choice of an example of this beautiful coin.

I agree with James on the design and detail. Granted I am a little biased being from Texas.

I too like some color on these commemoratives, however this one of mine has none to speak of.

1937TexasMS66R.jpg

1937TexasMS66R2.jpg