• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My First Seated $ arrived today...Opinions welcome (big Pics)

21 posts in this topic

Wonderful! I really like the crust factor -- that one certainly doesn't look anywhere close to the normal dipped-out or cleaned ones you see all the time! I like both sides, but the reverse is really remarkable. Congrats on the NEWP...Mike

Hi, MBA101

I really enjoy your new addition to your collection! thumbsup2.gif

I recently added my first Seated Liberty Dollar to my type set collection for my DANSCO 7070, I will post soon. grin.gif

As I look at my SLD I am trying to resist the "call of the hunt" for these fascinating dollar coins! juggle.gif

The siren call is strong! sumo.gif

AAJ

Will you be reavealing the grade to us?

The reverse of that New Orleans dollar is incredible and I think you captured the true overall look in your second set of images.

I'm torn for the grade though...solid AU for sure but I don't see any actual friction wear...but I do see some rub on the high spots in the obverse.

Anyway you look at it, this is one fine specimen! Congrats!

edit: changed obverse to reverse...just the reverse of what I typed, but was thinking the whole time....OK then, it was a senior moment. grin.gif

Seems like there is lots of interest, so I will wait, but yes, I will comment on the actual grade soon.

BTW: Thanks for all of the comments. This is a great coin! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Seems like there is lots of interest, so I will wait, but yes, I will comment on the actual grade soon.

BTW: Thanks for all of the comments. This is a great coin! 893applaud-thumb.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif TELL US PLEASE 893applaud-thumb.gif