• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What am I missing???? $500,000.00???

15 posts in this topic

I just come across this listing on e-bay and I'm lost for words. $500,000.00 for this set, Why??? Is it just because of the pedigree? Now I'm not knocking anyone's listing, but please help me out here. $500,000.00

2006 SILVER EAGLE ULTIMATE 70 SET! (6) COIN COLLECTION!

"THE KEY TO THE MINT" 20TH ANNIV, MS 70,69,PF70 ER/FS

Item number: 140119604989

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

I wrote

"I dont understand It says Ultimate 70's set and there is a 69 in there

I also think you hit too many zeros in the listing - must be costly"

"There's a sucker born every minute."

He's going to need an insane person who has half a million bucks to throw away to get this market ploy to work. screwy.gif

But...but, you wouldn't spend half a million dollars from this seller?

FROM THE ORIGINAL SELLER OF THE HOLY GRAIL COIN & HELLO KITTY, WE INTRODUCE

Last Auction:

THIS AUCTION IS FOR 2 NEOPETS FIGURINES AND 2 HELLO KITTY ITEMS ALL SEALED NEW IN PACKAGE. HELLO KITTY MINI STAMP AND STICKERS, AND HELLO KITTY RAINBOW TOTE WITH BRACELET NECKLACE MAKING SUPPLIES!! NO RESERVE

Wonder if this genius realizes there is a penalty for attention grabbing BIN exhorbitant amounts--Ebay charges by the amount you list as your BIN price-at least I think they do. If so, his/her little ploy may be very expensive. They may go back to kitty parts. Ya think?

A 2006 SILVER EAGLE $1 EARLY RELEASE " NO- W " MINT MARK ONLY 51 OF THESE EAGLES IN THE NGC CENSUS IN THE ENTIRE WORLD
You can have one of only 51 in the entire world!

eBay charges a final selling fee based on the final value, not on the fixed buy-it-now price since it is not being auctioned. If this were an auction item and item had a starting price of $500,000.00, insertion fee would be big $$$

The guy must be on crack!

sign-funnypost.gifsign-funnypost.gifsign-funnypost.gif

nice listing... forsure the guy is out some money for the listing but he must be on something good to think he will get 500k insane.gifmakepoint.gifstooges.gifforeheadslap.gif... 27_laughing.gif

...CURRENTLY THE HOTTEST COIN ON EBAY AND IN THE ENTIRE WORLD...

I chuckled, but he may be right, depending on how you define hotness. These ASE prices have zoomed up in a short time. Maybe there really aren't any other coins that are as "hot," as least on a % basis in the same time span confused-smiley-013.gif