• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thanks to Mr. Feld, I got a big coin today.

23 posts in this topic

I mostly collect tiny coins like seated half dimes, but you know, it's not easy for my eyes wink.gif

I'd been looking for a seated dollar for a while, but they are too expensive and couldn't afford it.

I decided to sell some of my coins to raise some cash and contacted Mr.Feld if he could help me sell my coins.

Not only he was kind enough to help me, he actually sold my coins quick at very satisfying price laugh.gif

He also helped me get a seated doller I wanted(it was in other dealer's inventory), reviewed it and sent it to me.

Now I'm a proud owner of a seated dollar from civil war era cloud9.gif

1801707-18621%24.JPG

589a929bde726_1801707-18621.JPG.425de822e5245b07ac12965075be3219.JPG

Toyonaktaro--Absolutely beautiful LSD. I don't believe I have viewed any better on this forum. Great purchase and another feather in Mark's hat for helping you as he appears to do for so many. Is that actually a cameo obv/rev as it appears? If so, amazing!!!

Thank you.

The coin has many die polishing lines on the fields and it does look like cameo if you look at the coin from certain angle.

I know some people will prefer one with more "original " looking......but I like this coin and that's the most important point to me laugh.gif

Thank You Taro - I am so glad you like your new coin.

By the way, for those of you viewing the images - Taro's 1862 Dollar is (even) much more impressive looking in person. It's very flashy, semi-prooflike, clean for the grade and the images magnify and exaggerate the flaws considerably. The cameo contrast on a business strike (as opposed to a Proof) is an unusual bonus, to boot. Taro and I each have strong preferences for original toned coins, but this one easily overcame our biases in that regard.

I have many wonderful clients. And with no slight to any of them, Taro is incredibly polite and considerate, as well as easy and enjoyable to work with. Seeing a client happy with a new coin for his collection is easily my favorite part of being a dealer.

Hi Dennis, nice to see you on this board.........by the way, I have some coins to sell you devil.gifwink.gifwink.gifwink.gif

I've been dealing with Mark for about 5 years and although I'm not a big customer, he always treats me like I am. It would have been hard for me to keep on collecting if not for him.

And I also thank for board member, michael, who introduced Mark to me laugh.gif

VERY Pretty coin, toyonakataro! ANY date other than the two hoard coins, 1859-O and 1860-O are always of special interest.

This is one type that is missing from my set. I had an 1861 Proof dollar that had been cleaned to death, which I sold. The dealer from whom I purchased it many years ago told me that had been a really top notch coin that someone decided to turn "white."

Oh well I hope to fill that hole shortly.

Thank you for the compliments, folks.

BillJones- I hope you'll find one soon. I actually had to sell some of my type coins to buy this one, but I know your set is growing constantly....hope you'll finish the set someday laugh.gif

relicsncoins- the grade on this coin is MS64. I know why you thought it's 62 from the image, but it's a clean coin in hand. Although this is the first time I own MS64, I think it's properly graded.

Thank you for the compliments, folks.

BillJones- I hope you'll find one soon. I actually had to sell some of my type coins to buy this one, but I know your set is growing constantly....hope you'll finish the set someday laugh.gif

relicsncoins- the grade on this coin is MS64. I know why you thought it's 62 from the image, but it's a clean coin in hand. Although this is the first time I own MS64, I think it's properly graded.

Having seen the coin in hand, I agree with Taro that it's properly graded, and in fact, believe that it's a solid MS64. I don't feel that way about too many of the others I've seen. That said, just going by the images, I would have guessed MS62 or MS63.

superlative cloud9.gif rare 893applaud-thumb.gif and above average eye appeal cloud9.gif

with an added bonus (icing on the cake so to speak) of being a value opportunity coin with a fundemential reason to rise in demand hail.gif