• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question on Full steps ? Nickles

7 posts in this topic

Hi all .. hi.gif

Questions re Jefferson Type Nickel Five-Cent coins and Full steps

No: 1 what makes a coin full steps i.e Do the the central steps count only or must the smaller steps on eather side of the building also have to show all the steps fully rounded

No: 2 How many steps must there be. ie is it 6 on all issues

No: 3 if a coin is sent in to NGC would you have to ask for variety plus or is it automatic

No: 4 Any one got any pictures so i know what NGC are looking for

All the best dooly bumpit.gif

1) It is only the center steps that are evaluated for the FS designation.

2) There is a 5 FS and a 6FS designation at NGC. PCGS assigns FS to anything with 5 or more steps. Often on otherwise sharp steps, the bottom two will be merged together; such a coin will get the 5 step desgnation. Tick marks that disrupt the steps will either limit the step count to 5, or completely void the FS designation, depending on where they hit.

3) The FS designations are automatically assigned during the grading process with no prompting or additional fees.

4) No, sorry. I got 3 out of 4 though!

FScount.jpg

Here's a step counter image, all my neat stuff was lost when I had to reconfigure HD.

Thanks for all the links guys.

Thanks all some great information there i have printed the pages out and will have a good read.. thumbsup2.gif

seems like the 71's are good for them should help my sets GREAT 893applaud-thumb.gif