• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just bought a 1850 large cent of a mate in the UK

5 posts in this topic

Hi all.. could you please see your way in helping me find out which of the numorous Varietys this 1850 Young head Large cent is "if any" i have just bought it from a friend in the uk i have graded it as a F12 BN what are your opinions on my grading ?

Thanks dooly hi.gif

1793227-01f3_1_b.jpg1793227-02e1_1.jpgconfused-smiley-013.gif

hi.gif

1793227-02e1_1.jpg.b0a210411748a8387c4e3f326df518e6.jpg

The quality of the image isn't good enough to do a complete attribution but it appears to be either a N-19 or a N-21 and I lean toward the 19. Both varieties are common.

The quality of the image isn't good enough to do a complete attribution but it appears to be either a N-19 or a N-21 and I lean toward the 19. Both varieties are common.

thanks for that i will post better scans when i pick the coin up from him 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

thumbsup2.gif

Nb i have just looked up the Varieties on NGC cens and N-19 has had 6 graded and N-21 has had 8 graded thumbsup2.gif

Nb i have just looked up the Varieties on NGC cens and N-19 has had 6 graded and N-21 has had 8 graded thumbsup2.gif

Please do not let the populations deceive you. As Conder said, neither of these vareities are rare in the least. Keep in mind that practically all of these these coins are either raw or unattributed -- there is no compelling reason to have a common 1850 variety attributed...Mike

p.s. nice coin!