• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pocket Piece Update - with wear progression photos

8 posts in this topic

Ok so I started carrying the Washington 50¢ as a daily pocket piece back in September 2005. I took it out of it's original mint packaging and the coin was in pristine condition as the first photo shows. The second photo was taken in September 2006. The third photo was taken just tonight, May 2007. As of a couple weeks ago I began carrying a second pocket piece, one of the Washington 1$ coins. I've included my first photo of that coin and will do periodic updates on it as well.

What do you think the half dollar would grade now?

9/2005

sept2005ae7.gif

9/2006

sept2006ou2.gif

5/2007

may2007vs1.gif

First Pic, 5/2007

gwmay2007yz4.gif

I like the worn pocket piece by far...now it has some character. Looks almost like a high relief coin now, pretty amazing transformation.

From a MS-69 to AU-53

(You must have had your car keys in the other pocket, this coin along with other change)

thank you very very much for this post! i love how u got the yr by yr going and we can now see and compair the ware:)