• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CSNS Show report, Day 1...and Day 2

18 posts in this topic

has been posted ATS. Link

I am happy also to answer questions and make additional commentary here for those that do not have the proper credentials over there.

I would also add that I saw JamesEarlyUS when I arrived at the show (we walked in the building together), at lot viewing, and at his table. He was the busiest dealer at the show. It must be the Doritos. 893applaud-thumb.gif

I am happy also to answer questions and make additional commentary here for those that do not have the proper credentials over there.

I would also add that I saw JamesEarlyUS when I arrived at the show (we walked in the building together), at lot viewing, and at his table. He was the busiest dealer at the show. It must be the Doritos. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Excellent...James is the Man....Any truth to the rumor that Laura of Legend fame isn't allowed ATS again???

Excellent...James is the Man....Any truth to the rumor that Laura of Legend fame isn't allowed ATS again???

Yes, Laura herself told me that she has been banned.

Yes, Laura herself told me that she has been banned.

Did she know why or is PCGS just being arrogant again..

Given how passionate and vocal Laura is about the hobby, does Laura need to hang out on a non-TPG hosted forum? Is there even one worthy of hanging out on?

Given how passionate and vocal Laura is about the hobby, does Laura need to hang out on a non-TPG hosted forum? Is there even one worthy of hanging out on?

Yes: CoinTalk

Hoot

Given that NGC is much more lenient with posts and posters, could Laura be accepted here? Or are her admonishments of the TPGs too much for even these forums? Any idea on how NGC would feel?

And the thread discussing her banning goes poof. That's just silly...
It seems to be a Daily occurance...I read most of it before it disappeared and to be honest I was surprised it lasted as long as it did....PCGS has developed a very Stalin Like approach to it's Boards...As is their right. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Here is my update from Day 2 .

Bottom line: show was somewhat of a dud.

Friday May 11, 2007 10:36 AM

I am sitting in the Heritage Legacy Suite, sipping champagne with Boiler78, as we contemplate strategies and share recent acquisition stories.

Yes I can see where this could be Brutal....The suffering you and Boiler 78 endured for the sake of the hobby is MOST Commendable.. yeahok.gif

poke2.gif

I was there Friday for the club breakfast banquet and to do some campaigning. It was a good day for me considering I got up for the show at 3:30am, and left Greenup at 4:30pm. Gassed up the van and got a snack in Effingham, and westward I go. Took the Metrolink, the area light rail transit system, into St. Louis. Arrived at my stopped at 7:25, and headed for Holiday Inn Select, where the breakfast was being held.

Now, the breakfast was fine (all you can eat buffet) and I had the chance to meet most of the representatives from the different clubs. States represented are Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, Ohio, Kentucky, Missouri, and Florida (FUN is a CSNS member). Each of the clubs told those present of different club activities and also areas of concern. Everyone there enjoyed the breakfast and CSNS will have it at their next convention in Chicago in 2008.

The bourse - a few empty tables but there was some decent activity on the bourse floor. There were some really good exhibits, as the CSNS is well known for. I passed out flyers to the dealers and talked with some of them. Lots of questions and suggestions. Most common remarks from the dealers and show goers is that the ANA needs change. A few were defending the regime, but then they are entitled to who they vote for. Also, I had the pleasure of meeting the other candidates for ANA board there (Joe Boling, Ed Rochette, Radford Stearns, Chet Krause, Cliff Mishler, Don Dool, Carl Schwenker, and John Eshbach). Quite a likable group. And I saw some of the current regime there (ANA President Bill Horton, VP Barry Stuppler, Executive Director Chris Cipoletti, and Governors Patti Finner, Prue Fitts, and Don Kagin). Talked to Kagin and former governor Art Fitts (a returning candidate) very briefly but no one else as they looked awfully glum frown.gif and I think that they (the regime) did not acknowledge my presence there (as I figured as much). The numismatic media was present - NN with its editor Dave Harper and CW with one of their employees. I did see quite a few regulars from ATS, and I had the opportunity to talk to them. Outside of some sore feet and stiff legs, I had a lot of fun Friday. And thats a wrap from El Doro! yay.gifheadbang.gifthumbsup2.gifcool.gif