• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

See what you think of this image: 1955 Franklin half-dollar (proof)

15 posts in this topic

Seems to be some sort of die crack around the center of the reverse running roughly vertical - almost looks like the bell is cracked or something!

sign-funnypost.gif

Overall, I like it. Looks to have nice mirrors and decent surfaces. I'm not sure if that is just a reflection or if there is a scuff below E. Pluribus Unum? Looks to be some contrast betweein the devices and fields, but not enough to warrent a cameo designation. PF66? maybe a 67.

JJ

Pretty, pretty Franks. The pleasure of viewing a real proof coin in any denomination or era is something I doubt I'll ever get over.

27_laughing.gif

It's very intriguing how most (if not all) of the comments focused on the technical aspects of the image. As silly as this may sound, I was more interested in your thoughts on the background, which is a fuzzed image of a replica Liberty Bell. I thought it was a perfect backdrop for the Franklin half.

At any rate, the image was shot from a hand-held digital camera using my usual single overhead bulb. I overlaid the combined obverse/reverse shots over the background using MicroSoft Paint. There's actually no special or clever technology involved here - I just thought the background was pretty cool.