• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MS 67 1921 Morgan dollar opinions please GEC

15 posts in this topic

Hi all its me again insane.gif

i am intrested in this coin but i think it has been over graded

I can see about 8 "problems/Questions"

Price £70

HELP makepoint.gif

1783276-4977_10.gif1783276-1776719-CS_member.jpg

1783276-4163_10.gif1783276-4329_1_bg.jpg

hi.gif

1783276-4329_1_bg.jpg.2beaa08c722576a4b98ae68abd0051f6.jpg

There is no way to tell the quality of the coin with any meaningful accuracy from that image. If you're looking for a bargain you will probably end up getting a bad deal, and if you aren't, why not stick with a better know/respected grading company?

Thanks for that mark thumbsup2.gif

You know me i am always looking for a bargin "arnt we all" 27_laughing.gif

893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

Dooly, this coin looks like a lot of issues being covered up with some imaging skills. I see a lot of spotting around letters and some sort of smear behind the cap. I see some wierd things on the Rev. too but it looks as tho' these are being subdued some with the imaging. It has nice detail, but it leaves me with questions on the marks.

Dooly, this coin looks like a lot of issues being covered up with some imaging skills. I see a lot of spotting around letters and some sort of smear behind the cap. I see some wierd things on the Rev. too but it looks as tho' these are being subdued some with the imaging. It has nice detail, but it leaves me with questions on the marks.

Me to bsshog

Do you know anyting about this grading company ?

I have seen many auctions for Morgans with this company and they all look over graded and can't really tell real grade via the photos provided. I personally have stayed away from them.

I've seen them also but have never bought any. I'm sure over-graded but like any other of these off the wall graders, you have to be able to see the coin with good quality pics to tell what you're really getting. To me the pics are of good enough quality to see the coverd up imperfections.

I would not place too much stock in this company's grades. I can not grade the coin from the scan, but lower grade 1921 Morgans are common and this one appears to be somewhere between AU58 and MS64.

It's impossible to grade the coin accurately from the pics. But it is easy to see that its not a 67 or a 66 but, it could pull off a 65.

I agree if it has not been cleaned I see it going 65.

Treat the coin as raw, and ask yourself what would you be willing to pay for that coin raw from those photos. I personally would not pay over 63 money for it. That way if it turned out to be a dog, I wouldn't be out much.

JJ

Every time this thread gets updated and I see "MS 67 1921 Morgan dollar ..." in the title I get excited. Can the title of this thread be changed to "GEC MS 67 1921 Morgan dollar ..." or even better, just "GEC Morgan dollar" confused-smiley-013.gif