• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Value of Jamestown Expo Elongated Cent 1907 ?

11 posts in this topic

I found this interesting elongated cent today. It's from the Jamestown exposition in 1907. Of course, it's on a Indian cent.

Any ideas as to value?

Thank you for looking.

Paul

jamestown-1.jpg

Hi, thebeav

I like your IHC elongated cent from the 300th Anniversary of the founding of Jamestown. headbang.gif

Cool Battleship shown too! thumbsup2.gif

I don't know about the price though.

AAJ

I would try to ask some elongated coin collectors and/or SCD collectors. Some SCD collectors may be interested in having that for their Jamestown Tercentenary collection.

If you sell it anytime this year, I'd say $50 or so for sheer novelty. Next year, it's a $15 coin. This being the 400th anniversary of Jamestown

Would this be real? I know it is a real IHC, but did elongated cents exist then? confused-smiley-013.gif

Scott hi.gif

Would this be real? I know it is a real IHC, but did elongated cents exist then? confused-smiley-013.gif
Check these out. Tom's collection is the main reason I think some SCD collectors might be interested in ECs associated with their events of interest.

Check these out. Tom's collection is the main reason I think some SCD collectors might be interested in ECs associated with their events of interest.

Ok, then. I guess my question was answered! I just didn't know.

BTW: I thought it was pretty cool regardless. I don't collect elongated cents, but some of the patterns are interesting!!

Scott hi.gif

Hey paul - It's a VIR-JTE #6 (Martin and Dow). They list the coin at $12-$20, but I don't think the prices were updated in the 2004 printing. So today, it might have a worth of $40-$60. confused-smiley-013.gif Very nicely preserved piece.

Hoot

Great information guys, thank you very much. Hoot, very interesting that there are Martin & Dow numbers on these things. I had never heard of that one.

I'll have to get it on the Bay while it's the 400th anniversary.....

Paul

I'll have to get it on the Bay while it's the 400th anniversary.....
I'd look at realized auction prices to see how much these are going for. Price guides are one thing but actual prices are another. If you don't see realized auction prices going for what you would like, a BIN or reserve might be useful. I just mention this because this is often the case for thinly traded items which this might be.