• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New addition to the 7070.......Udated Photos.

15 posts in this topic

Just recieved this in the mail today. The coin is very nice with loads of luster and a great strike. How do you like it and what would you grade it.........I agree with the seller's grade and think it was spot on. I will let you know what I think later. Photo is not the greatest as I just snapped it quick on my lunch break.

JJ

1857o2.jpg

1857r2.jpg

I have to admit the first images had me scratching my head while the second images look much different.

I have to admit the first images had me scratching my head while the second images look much different.

Tom, you may want to hit refresh, I'm not sure which photos are showing up as I had another post with 57 flyer photos in it and they showed up when I first clicked on my post until I hit refresh.

JJ

Here are some updated photos, these are more representative of the coin. The coin has nice luster but was hard to capture in the photos without making the color look washed out.

1857o2.jpg

1857r2.jpg

It came out of a set coated in laquer! Nice coins. Tough job removing laquer.

When you remove laquer from coins you never know if you are going to get; cleaned junk or a well preserved coin. I was lucky in this instance. As to AT ot not, I don't think it is relevent for the grade and the history of the coin. It isn't toned or "cleaned". (Cleaned meaning hairlined)