• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is this 39 Walker worth 18 bucks?

28 posts in this topic

Thanks everyone!

I think having a great friend and mentor like Supertooth is paying off. thumbsup2.gif

I've been reading this board for a few months now and have not made a post yet. There are quite a few designs that I like but two, for what ever reason I REALLY like.

If you haven't guessed, the Walker is one of them. I just had to finally make a post to tell you........

That's a BEAUTIFUL coin (design and toning) you have there (I don't care that it cost you 18 or if it cost you $180, a beautiful coin). 893applaud-thumb.gif

Great Catch,

Eric

I've been reading this board for a few months now and have not made a post yet. There are quite a few designs that I like but two, for what ever reason I REALLY like.

If you haven't guessed, the Walker is one of them. I just had to finally make a post to tell you........

That's a BEAUTIFUL coin (design and toning) you have there (I don't care that it cost you 18 or if it cost you $180, a beautiful coin). 893applaud-thumb.gif

Great Catch,

Eric

WELCOME ! thumbsup2.gif

Great Catch,

Eric

Thanks Eric and Welcome!

Great Catch,

Eric

YO Newbie IN DA HOUSE .... Welcome DOGG

I'll give you $17.50 for it!! poke2.gif

(sorry... wrong thread for that 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif)

Seriously... I think you did very well for $18! thumbsup2.gif

Scott hi.gif

Great coin thumbsup2.gif. I scoured over a number of tables for a Walker for my dansco at the Bay State coin show and couldn’t find one that I was happy with. I was surprised by how difficult it is to find an attractive problem free Walker. Maybe it was just that show or maybe it was just my eyes that day confused-smiley-013.gif. At the same show, Lou managed to find a lovely original Walker for his daughter’s collection.

You know, I really wasn’t thinking about grade so much. I wanted better than F “meat” on the coin but after that I was just looking for an attractive original.

Great coin thumbsup2.gif. I scoured over a number of tables for a Walker for my dansco at the Bay State coin show and couldn’t find one that I was happy with. I was surprised by how difficult it is to find an attractive problem free Walker. Maybe it was just that show or maybe it was just my eyes that day confused-smiley-013.gif. At the same show, Lou managed to find a lovely original Walker for his daughter’s collection.

Was this search before or AFTER the MULTIPLE Marguaritas poke2.gif

Now, this seems to me a good chance to learn. My first thought was: "That's not only uncirculated, but with outstanding detail. Beautiful detail. But it looks rubbed or cleaned big time."

Since no one here has said anything about it looking rubbed, I'm assuming it's not. How do you tell that? What clue am I not seeing?

Was this search before or AFTER the MULTIPLE Marguaritas poke2.gif

This search was prior to the Margaritas. Actually, I believe that we went to a club that night which means grey goose and soda. I’m surprised I don’t see you out more – you prefer to just stay home and groom your cats? confused-smiley-013.gif

D.D.----- Just goes to show that nice ones like this one can be found. It takes time and an astute eye to do it, however.

Looks even better with you taking the pictures. Bob [supertooth]