• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question about NGC grading

7 posts in this topic

I have started to submit coins to NGC because of the quicker turnaround times compared to across the street. I have recently become a NGC dealer but before I became a dealer I sent in a few submissions.

On the order status screen the coins are marked in grading now. How long until grades are going to be posted. I believe the submission is a modern submission if this helps. How many different categories do the coins go through until either grades are posted and when they ship?

thanks for you help.

jbsteven:

I have never sent in any moderns so I'm no help there. From In Grading they go to Quality Control. I have had coins in Quality Control for up to 5 days, and as little as 1 day. The grades and shipping date come up when the coins are shipped back to you. This is how it has been working for me anyway.

In my experience for Moderns the Grading level usually takes 1-3 days. Another 1-2 days for Quality Control.

EarlyBird submissions usually go thru Grading in 1-2 days and maybe 1 day for Quality Control. Express submissions have almost always gone thru BOTH levels in 1 day total.

There are 5 status levels: Received; Scheduled for Grading; Grading; Quality Control; and Finalized/Imaged/Shipped.