• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Latest Purchase

12 posts in this topic

Nice! Are you working on a type or just liked the coin for what it is?

This one will go into my complete Type set. On my budget, this was about the highest grade that I could afford without killing my budget for a long time. I've recently decided to try and focus on finding some of the rarer Types now while they seem to be out of fashion.

What's the grade?

F-12 per NGC.

Is that a plug by the date?

It's a die break, with smaller breaks by the stars between 3:00 and 5:00. Coin was probably lightly wiped at one time, common on the older coins, but still has a nice appearance. Vertical scratch in the hair is on the coin, but can only be seen if the coin is held just right without magnification. Very pretty overall in person.

Nice type. It looks like an O.113, the reverse is easily recognized from the A cut over the E in "STATES". I love the small eagle on these coins.

Tom,

The coin is the 0-113A, which (thanks to EVP for the info) is recognized by the advanced die breaks in the area between stars 12 and 15.