• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I am in shock over the price of my jefferson!!

41 posts in this topic

I bought a 1965 NGC MS67 Jefferson a while back on ebay. I bought it for $45. It has never had a numismedia price on it that I know of. I know it was an NGC top pop. There's no price in my registry and PCGS had no price for it in thier values guide. All of a sudden PCGS has popped up with a $5000 value 27_laughing.gif. There has to be some sort of mistake huh? How do they come up with these numbers like that? confused-smiley-013.gif

I bought a 1965 NGC MS67 Jefferson a while back on ebay. I bought it for $30. It has never had a numismedia price on it that I know of. I know it was an NGC top pop. There's no price in my registry and PCGS had no price for it in thier values guide. All of a sudden PCGS has popped up with a $5000 value 27_laughing.gif. There has to be some sort of mistake huh? How do they come up with these numbers like that? confused-smiley-013.gif
Sometimes the market pays a big price differential for PCGS vs NGC. That being said, PCGS Price Guide prices have been known to be high and PCGS uses "market price" instead of their price guide for grade guarantees.

A Realistic Price is $190-200 thats why I was on yer when I had just paid $90 for mine HOWEVER mine may be a cameo Candidate so .. I stretched a little BUT still a steal smile.gif

grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Congrats

A Realistic Price is $190-200 thats why I was on yer when I had just paid $90 for mine HOWEVER mine may be a cameo Candidate so .. I stretched a little BUT still a steal smile.gif

grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Congrats

This is a different jefferson Mike. I think I was on your *spoon* list 27_laughing.gif over the 66' SMS. This is just a plain 65', not sms.

oh my

my my my my my my my my my my my my my my my my

i would offer to trade you a choice au58 pcgs 1860 three dollar gold piece but since this three dollar gold is not worth $5000 as your jeff. nick is

it would not be a fair trade for you

so i will not insult you with the offer to trade

This is a different jefferson Mike. I think I was on your *spoon* list 27_laughing.gif over the 66' SMS. This is just a plain 65', not sms.

Oh yes I remember you asking about a business strike coin ... I actually did not think they existed in certified form ... xtra cudos for the snatch smile.gif

As Winstonware would say "This post means nothing without PICS"

smile.gif

I tried doing a pic but the holder has some light scratches on it and I can't get a pic without making the coin look like spoon.

NGC only awards 3 points for the '67SMS in a Jefferson proof nickel registry. You get more points (6) for a MS66CAM.

NGC only awards 3 points for the '67SMS in a Jefferson proof nickel registry. You get more points (6) for a MS66CAM.

I got 37 for MS68SMS. They gave me 366 points for this 65'

So let me have some of ya'lls opinions here. Serious question!! I've never been in the position to actually think about selling one of my coins but me and my wife could really use this money. Do you think that I would be able to get at least 2/3's of any of this value if I tried to sell this? confused-smiley-013.gif I would like to keep it but the latter need prevails here. Thanks for any comments.

Not as much as you think as this one sold 2 weeks ago for 72 dollars

1965 Business Strike NGC MS67

Well I got mine cheap too but this is a new value for these now. They never had a value before. There may be a couple people kicking themselves right now. confused-smiley-013.gif

Bobby, I think the disparity you see in price between your NGC Jefferson and the PCGS graded Jefferson is because of the amount each service has graded. NGC has graded 35 in MS67, while PCGS has graded on 1 with none higher.

Think it'll cross? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Bobby, I think the disparity you see in price between your NGC Jefferson and the PCGS graded Jefferson is because of the amount each service has graded. NGC has graded 35 in MS67, while PCGS has graded on 1 with none higher.

Think it'll cross? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I don't know if it would cross, nothing to go by. I don't have memberships to anything anyway. Oh well, it was a small dream. Maybe one day if none get any better, there will be a demand for it from some nickel collectors somewhere. thanks ya'll. It's still a nice coin to have thumbsup2.gif

yea

something for nothing

break it out of its respective holder and it is worth............... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

But could that only be because people can't grade wink.gif

But could that only be because people can't grade

no

something for nothing/lottery for the submitter

ego and plastic for the buyer

two wrongs do not make it right (with the exception of blue copper toning doktor greg) smirk.gif

But could that only be because people can't grade

no

something for nothing/lottery for the submitter

ego and plastic for the buyer

two wrongs do not make it right (with the exception of blue copper toning doktor greg) smirk.gif

I'm not sure where you're at or going with this. confused-smiley-013.gif27_laughing.gif

He is saying take it out of the NGC holder and how much is worth?? 25 cents? 5 bucks??

Asd far as I'm concerned it would be another nickel. Maybe one day I'll find out what it's worth to NGC.

I was asked for a pic. Ok well I tried to pic this from the NGC slab. I am not trying to hide anything on this but I know how some can nit pic a coin. The scratches to the right and to the left of the nose on the obverse are on the slab. What looks like scuffs marks on the colar and hair is lighting.

For the Rev, there is much more detail in the front posts and the door shows all detail along with the frames of the windows on each side of the door. The pic didn't pick this up very good. Other than that, looks original. Now for those who questioned cross-over, what's your opinion. I wouldn't know. confused-smiley-013.gif

65JeffersonOBV.jpg

65JeffersonREV.jpg

In my opinion, the nickel has to much chatter on it to be in a 67 holder to start with.. Sorry frown.gif

In my opinion, the nickel has to much chatter on it to be in a 67 holder to start with.. Sorry frown.gif

Well I'll count that as one vote as to not attempting cross-over. 27_laughing.gif