• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JTRYKA, looking for pictures of coronet fakes

4 posts in this topic

Does JTRYKA or anyone else have pictures of $2.50, $5, $10 or $20 coronet gold fakes? I'd be interested in studying the pictures. Is luster a major factor in detecting the fakes? I'm posting this after looking through the what you need to know, indian head eagle fakes.

yes pcgs rare coin price magazine i send to you last week will have an article on fakes and have photos as such of these coins

also buy the bill fivaz us gold counterfeit detectiuon guide from whitman it is like a 25 dollar bookmany full color photos of many fake usa gold coins

Yes, the Fivaz book is an excellent resource on fakes. I don't happen to have any photos (the last one I came across was in 2003 or so and I am sure all those photos have since been deleted. The real key things to look for are details in the dentils along the edge, and anything raised, particularly raised bumps or dots in the fields. You should also look for tooling marks along the devices, particularly around lettering. Hope this helps!