• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sticker goo

16 posts in this topic

hi all!

i just picked up a slabbed coin ( 95 ddo lincoln ' 67 grade ) with the company sticker on it. i peeled it off but now i have the sticker goo on the slab. what can i use to take the goo off without damaging the slab plastic? thanks in advance.

steve

confused-smiley-013.gif

WD40 or Googone works well but I use nose grease. Rub your finger along the side of your nose to pick up some grease. Gently rub the sticker goo with that finger and your nose grease will eventually disolve the sticker goo. You may have to do it more than once. When you're done, buff that area with a clean cotton cloth.

I would use GooGone. The stuff is very runny, so be very sparing with it as a lot tends to come out. Put just enough to moisten the gummy residue but not enough to run over the side. Let sit a few minutes (but don't let it dry out), then rub the spot with a paper towel. Sometimes you have to repeat this.

GooGone is also excellent on stickers that have long ossified on books, because it doesn't cause the nasty effect water causes on paper. Sure, you don't want to overdo it, but it really is an excellent product that actually does as advertised.

Rub your finger along the side of your nose to pick up some grease.

Hmmm, Nope not gonna even try it.

he said along side the nose not inside! 27_laughing.gif

Like others have said WD40 or googone will work. If you don't have those around moisten a paper towel or cloth with any cooking oil and rub the goo a little bit - it will come off easy. Then use a little soap and water to remove the oil.

If we keep talking about nose grease, some credulous and literal-minded soul is going to first coat his nose with axle grease, then attempt to use that, then post complaining that it doesnt work worth a damn.

DE-SOLV-IT is another product like Goo-Gone, works the same. Grab a tissue, dampen a spot with product, apply to plastic, rub gently, let soak for seconds if needed, carefully use a fingernail if needed, polish dry with other part of tissue.

I would not use WD-40. JMHO

Rub your finger along the side of your nose to pick up some grease.

Why would anyone even know that would work?

I believe I read that Watch makers used to do this to add a spot of lube to the jewel movements of a watch.