• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another coin I picked up yesterday...A 1953 D Franklin that I bought because of

5 posts in this topic

Nice coin.

One thing about '53-Ds is that they are often well struck. For example using the PCGS October 2006 pop report there were 760 non-fbl and 2,790 fbl '53-D Franklins.

Nice coin.

One thing about '53-Ds is that they are often well struck. For example using the PCGS October 2006 pop report there were 760 non-fbl and 2,790 fbl '53-D Franklins.

That may be so but how many do you see going for $11.00?

I was reading across the street today and I saw a post on a 53 D that was being maligned as AT until Ms Bopper took some pics and gave it her seal of approval...It was MS65 FBL and to be honest, although it has some Great color,Mine is a superior piece as to strike AND as an FBL designated coin ...

PCGS's price guide goes;

1953-D FL - 25 (MS62)30 (MS63)35 (MS64)55 (MS65) 350 (MS66)1500 (MS66)20000

I would grade mine at 65 FBL and that would be at NGC...PCGS and NGC have 2 different sets of variables for the FBL designation...Don't believe me ask James when he gets back from playing with Hoot...

As to the value of the coin...Is it worth $350.00 as says PCGS price guide? NO IT'S WORTH $11.00...

To me anyway...

But if you want to give me $350.00 I will be more than Happy to mail it to you...Free postage thumbsup2.gif

Yesterday was a great day of collecting for me.

The Waterloo, The Morgan, and my Franklin. To me they were ALL bargains.

This is the reciept for my purchases...I cropped out the address and phone # so you guys can't call up and tell him he should raise his prices... poke2.gif

reciept.png