• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Comemorative Halves are in your 7070

14 posts in this topic

I picked one coin for the 20s, 30s, and 40s. What do you have as I look to fill the forth hole. I am leaning towards a Columbian or Pan-Pacific Exposition. On the other hand I could get very modern Ellis Island or Statue of Liberty.

IMG_0908.jpg

So what do you include in these holes. Interesting how Bruces question about collections begets the next.

A darkly toned and lustrous AU55 1893 Columbian half, a dark grey AU50 1920 Maine and a lustrous, grey-auburn 1926 Oregon. My Dansco 7070 is built around original, VF-AU coins that are deeply toned. The fourth slot is waiting for a Connecticut commem to add, but I do not believe that will happen.

I have a Daniel Boone and a Stone Mountain. Thinking of buying the one for Columbia SC. Is there one for Tennesse or Virginia?

I live in NC so I thought it would be nice to get ones in and around my state.

None...The holes for commems are one reason I refuse to use the 7070 to house my collection as commemeratives either don't belong in a type set (my actual feeling) or an example of all 50 classic commems plus however many moderns there are belong. You can't have it both ways.

I have an 1892 Columbian Expo, a Columbia, SC (hey, it's where I live, gotta have one, right?) a Stone Mountain and a gaping hole that I haven't decided on yet... I like those Pilgrims and they aren't too pricey...