• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

21 posts in this topic

Happy 100th birthday to this little lady:

1907p20dobv.jpg

1907p20drev.jpg

and Happy 200th birthday to this beautiful lady:

1807p50cobv.jpg

1807p50crev.jpg

Do you have any birthdays to celebrate???

Jarrett, Jeff close enough! Here's another lady celebrating her 100th Birthday, she doesn't look a day over 40!

1907p10dobv.jpg

1907p10drev.jpg

So you have an Indian Princess in your family as well? thumbsup2.gif

I always like that 1847 in your signature, nice to see it larger. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Thanks guys

1907IndianHeadEagleObv.jpg

1907IndianHeadEagleRev.jpg

Clearly I ended up with the ugly sister! takeit.gif Beautiful eagle Rey!

Here's a lady celebrating her 175th birthday:

1832p50cobv2.JPG

1832p50crev2.JPG

The year marks the 150th anniversary of The Act of February 21, 1857.

This law called for a new copper-nickel small cent to replace the large copper cents, and also abolished the legal tender status of foreign coins especially Spanish and Mexican coins and old copper cents and half cents circulating in the United States. Those coins were to be called in and exchanged for U.S. silver coins and the new cents. This law would create the greatest change in what would be circulating as coin in America since the U.S. mint started producing coins in 1793 thus making 1857 one of the more significant years in U.S. coin history. cool.gif

Here is my example from that historic first year small cents were struck for regular issue.

1857-cent.jpg

Hey be careful Skyman, a lot of us are older than that Ike and not old farts yet!!! Even though they aren't ladies, they are still very beautiful!

Awesome flying eagle cent Paul and great history!

Hey be careful Skyman, a lot of us are older than that Ike and not old farts yet!!!

If I remember properly the 1960's phrase was, "Don't trust anyone over 30". As to age, I'm 49, so that would make me an old fart too. grin.gif

Hey be careful Skyman, a lot of us are older than that Ike and not old farts yet!!!

If I remember properly the 1960's phrase was, "Don't trust anyone over 30". As to age, I'm 49, so that would make me an old fart too. grin.gif

I think it all depended on where you were at the time. If you were in San Francisco, it would have been, "Don't trust anyone who doesn't drive a flowery VW Bus." If you were at Kent State, it would have been, "Don't trust anyone wearing green fatigues." And, if you worked for the Teamsters, it would have been, "Don't trust anyone, period!"

Chris

I think it all depended on where you were at the time. If you were in San Francisco, it would have been, "Don't trust anyone who doesn't drive a flowery VW Bus." If you were at Kent State, it would have been, "Don't trust anyone wearing green fatigues." And, if you worked for the Teamsters, it would have been, "Don't trust anyone, period!"

Chris

sign-funnypost.gif