• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So what collection are you working on that you do not share too much...

21 posts in this topic

What collection are you working on that you do not share to much with the forum. I think everybody under the sun knows I have a Washington Quarter collection, but that is not the only thing I collect. I do have other sets.

One of the other sets I am working on is a set of Indian Cents I am going to try and finish the set out with VF 20 coins or better. I do have the 1877 G4 and 1908-S XF 45. Here is a coin from the set...

1899ic.jpg

I am working on my mint proofs & SAE proof set. For my proofs, I have 1957 then I go from 1959 to date. I have collected the uncirculated and silver proofs from 1999 to date to go with these. My SAE's are 1986 & 2000 to date. I have a ways to go on both. Someone reminded me also, but I have complete sets of uncirculated state qtrs P&D. I actually order an extra set of uncir mint sets from the mint and steal them from there for my album.

As far as coins that I am now searching for to expand on what I have, Standing Liberty Quarters, Walking Liberty Halves and Commemoratives. Why these three? Mainly as a result of these forums actually. I only have a half dozen or so of each of these in various grade/condition. Then images of these coins in these forums has amazed me and intrigued me. The designs of these have "caught my eye" so to speak. I never really thought much about the commemoratives until I saw some of the toning from the folks out here.

Rey

P.S. And now I want one of those Waterloo Medals on the other Post....

Working on a 1971 set now over 20 Mint sets heading my way from the USA looking for PF69/70 then moving on to Mint sets!!

also going for a pre 1902 set of canada 5 cent coins 3rd at the moment with 1 coin 27_laughing.gifsign-offtopic.gif so please no one with money start collecting them !! 27_laughing.gif

Hi, Bruceswar

You know I have not seen too many Prestige Proof Sets posted on this forum, if at all in recent months. I do have a complete set of these. I enjoy these shiny proof coins! grin.gif

AAJ

I have modern commems, but it's not really a set since I only buy the ones I like! I am still working on my circ set of 3-cent nickels, added 4 or 5 in April to that one. I also have a complete set of Mexican Libertad/onzas from 1982-present, just got the 2007 a few weeks ago.

I also have the SAE Proofs from 1986 to date, but lack the 1995 W. I have a complete set of Ikes plus multiple extras of UNC's, proofs, "Browns" and "Blues" and a 90% complete set of Kennedy's. I will complete the silver and clad proof sets for the States Quarters program. For the Sacagawea's, I've taken a different approach. I have two Mint rolls for every year and mintmark. Perhaps one day I will break them open and make sets of them. We'll see! As for proof sets, I have all of the 70's, 80's, part of the 90's and from 1999 to date both the silver and clad sets. I will eventually work backward prior to 1970 when the opportunities arise. I wish now that I had kept all of the WLH's and SLQ's that I had accumulated during the 50's & 60's. Oh, well! I also collect commems, but only those that appeal to me.

Chris

I have the following unfinished sets with most key date coins included in the sets. I used to start with key dates buying the best I could afford and worked from there. All sets are in Danscos.

Indian Head Cents in VG to EF

Lincoln Cents Wheats in EF missing 6

Lincoln Cents Memorial in MS stopped inserting in 1992 restarted in 2004

Liberty Nickels in VG-F missing 3

Buffalo Nickels in EF missing 6

Jefferson Nickels in EF to MS not in the Dansco greater than 50% will be FS

Barber Dimes in G missing 27

Winged Liberty in EF to AU missing 3 the 1916D is in AG3

Barber Quarters in G missing 43

Standing Liberty in F missing 28

Washingtons in EF to AU missing 8 collection only goes to 1968

Barber Halves in G to VG missing 17

Walking Liberty Halves VG to AU very mixed set missing 6

Franklins Complete 50% in MS balance circulated - upgrading now

Morgan Dollars Circulated to 50% in MS missing 20 mostly CCs

Peace Dollars AU to MS missing 4

Type Collection EF to MS depending on the coin and missing the bust type coinage, 20cent, half dimes, and half cents. The set also includes the Gold coin page with AU and MS coins but missing the $1 and $20 Liberty Head.

Well that is it and someday I may post a picture as I finish the sets. When I signed up/on over a year ago I stated I was going through and resetting my priorities (regarding coin collecting). I have decided to finish every set listed and be happy with those coins. I do not care, anymore, that every set is not MS as it will never be. I have many MS coins if I want to see what they look like. The character of the circulated set wins and I will make my Type Set that collection which I likely view most often. As for slabbed coins they have a place in a nice blue box.

Thanks Bruce for asking the question

I have decided to finish every set listed and be happy with those coins. I do not care, anymore, that every set is not MS as it will never be. I have many MS coins if I want to see what they look like. The character of the circulated set wins,,,,,,,,,

thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

Chris

Oh yeah, I forgot I have like a gazillion other sets, but I guess I never thing of them since I just update them each new year, like Jeffersons, Roosies, silver proof sets, a roll set of ASEs, proof ASEs (except the 95-W), etc. etc!

I have sold my wash qtr set, roosevelt dime set, kennedy half set, jefferson nickel set(all circulated) and most of my bust coins, liberty seated coins, 21 uncirulated IHC's and bulk silver in order to concentrate on a complete uncirculated set of washington quarters(while about 30% are slabbed at this point the remainder will be raw and the slabbed broken to put into the 8140). That will take quite a while and I do not know if I will complete my other partial sets of buffalo's, liberty nickels and mercury dimes(I feel reasonably sure this will never be completed). A few of the coins are toned but not by desire just happenstance. I wish I had done so 20 years ago. Very good post Bruce.

Don't tell anyone, but I have a nearly complete set of Washington Quarters. wink.gif

Circ or MS Mike??

Other sets I have completed or are working on...

Type Set Dansco 7070

Lincoln Cents 1909 - now Completed from Good to MS Keys are

09 S VDB VF 35

14 D EF 45

22 No D VF 20 (Well they claimed it to be the weak D)

31 S AU 50

Roosevelt Dimes 1946 till now Complete

Roosevelt Dimes 1946 - 1964 Complete

Jefferson Nickels 1938 till now.. work in progress

Ikes 1970 - 1978 - Complete 32 coin set

Washington Quarter Set 1 - Minus 3 coins all MS (The sigline set)

Washington Qaurter Set 2 - Work in Progress Mainly MS

SBA Set - 1979 - 1981 Complete minus Type 2 79 MS / PR

Buffalo Nickel Collection - Work in Progess VF or better

Franklin Half Set - Work in Progress - MS set

Mexican Pesos 1824 - 1900's Referred to as 8 Reales or Un Peso

I Recently started a Business Strike SBA set but its a little embarrasing at its current level as Good specimens are tough to find.

Being the kind a guy I am I look for only Full Talon specimens so it make my hunt all the much longer AND tougher ... this may take a while.

WIP (Work In Progress)

I have complete RAW Washington and Mercury Set which I have shared a few morsels here and there ...

Otherwise I am trudging through the tedious task of My Morgans ...

Type Set Dansco 7070

Don't mean to sound dumb here, I know someone has probably told me this before, but what is a Dansco 7070?

Type Set Dansco 7070

Don't mean to sound dumb here, I know someone has probably told me this before, but what is a Dansco 7070?

Dansco makes the album, and 7070 is the number they assigned to the album. It's the album that holds the type set coins.

I'm kind of working on a slabbed typeset. I have no interest in certain series, half dimes for example, so I can't fully claim to be putting together a typeset.

Currently of more fun to me is to be putting together a raw Peace dollar collection. I have all the coins except the 1928. They range from VG-8 for the 1934-S to MS63 for some of the common dates. I plan to upgrade all coins up to the 62-3 range, except for the '34-S which I plan to get a real nice AU-58 slider.

Bruce, I covet your peso set!!!

I plan to get heavy into these soon. These coins to me are a great value!

1884zs.jpg

Whats not to love about coins like this??