• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mint sets

16 posts in this topic

type 1 has an "s" that is squished or filled (looks like it is smooshed together

type 2 has an "s" that is clear and un smooshed

t1 filled

t2 clear

It really depends on what your looking at. Type 1 or 2 can mean different things concerning different coins.

BTW, welcome julian hi.gif

It really depends on what your looking at. Type 1 or 2 can mean different things concerning different coins.

BTW, welcome julian hi.gif

very true i posted for the proof sets im not sure on mint set sorry

type 1 buff nickel i beleive is on mount and t2 is on plain

proofs = t1 filled s,t2 clear s

and there r more that i dont collect but now u got me researching smile.gif thanks for posting question

i just got into collecting and went head over heels and bought some coins and now im over whelmed. thank you both for the help! i recently ordered a set of each year 1960 to 2005 so lets see what i get! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

welcome and good luck in your ventures smile.gif this is a gr8 place to come and show off what you have,let us know what you r thinking of getting,and overall just learn.

good to see u here and hope to see u more!

thank you for the welcome! best to you and your family. btw i tried to listen to your music, no play sorry! confused.gif

Sorry about the music, I know it requires real-player. There are also type 1 & 2 ikes that have something to do with the earth? Type 1 & 2 sba's as ant posted also 2 others with wide rim and narrow rim. Could go on Julian, but it really depends on what your looking at. Feel free to ask about specific coins or sets here if you want to know a definate difference between any two.

Welcome to the forum, julian. Be real careful when dealing with with type varieties on any coins(especially clear 's' vs. 'filled s'. Probably the largest mistake area in collecting going on because of depending on word of mouth in the identification of these. As far as as 1979 and 1981 proof sets go the following website may help you. Just be careful as you can lose your 'ess' in a hurry. Good luck.

http://www.coinworld.com/news/070703/BW_0707.asp

very nice info post jesbroken! i have almost 2 full sets of 79 proofs and some type1-2 buffs thats all i got so the clarity of that info is very helpfull!

julian1919, when u get your sets let us know what u have please smile.gif i to would like to see some other types,

the types of proof ikes r in the lettering also:

Varieties:

Bold lettering on Reverse (t1)

Delicate lettering on Reverse(t2)

i have to get scanner up and going again but i have both in hand and they r easy to tell the difference smile.gif

Welcome to the site hope you have fun !!!

Thick UK collector needs information Whats "ess" ?

Dooly, I think it was meant to be a pun, since he was referring to the S (ess) mint mark. Also think derriere. smile.gif

Welcome to the site hope you have fun !!!

Thick UK collector needs information Whats "ess" ?

Dooly, I think it was meant to be a pun, since he was referring to the S (ess) mint mark. Also think derriere. smile.gif

I see said the blind man realising he was not as blind as the first time he looked ! 27_laughing.gif

a another question! how do i tell the diffreance between the type 1 and type 2 sets of any given year? can anyone please help me? confused.gif

first of all welcome!

to find out about type 1 or type 2 anything just google it. type in what coin and types you are looking for, you will get photos and much more, depending on how you word the search. good luck!

thumbsup2.gif