• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New dollars

22 posts in this topic

I have already put 3 or 4 rolls into circulation, but I've noticed that they are invariably taken by other customers behind me in the check-out lane. I took another 15 rolls to my BoA branch.

Chris

I use them all of the time and when I see them in the register, I request them as change.

They are great to use in vending machines. Dropping a dollar into the coin slot is easier than fighting the bill feeder!!

Scott hi.gif

If your definition of circulation is change from a Coke machine, then yes.
I've never received a dollar coin back from a Coke machine. I think I get 4 quarters back when I put in a rag buck and ask for it back, not a dollar coin.

Well it`s been a few months now and i have yet to see any new prez dollars in circulation. anybody else? confused-smiley-013.gif

same here. if you get, or can view, the may issue of coinage magazine check on page 6. there you will find the column 'my two cents' worth' by ed reiter, it is a very good summary about the new prez bucks. i agree 100 per cent!

sign-rantpost.gif

Who wants to carry 10 or more dollars in metal coins in their pockets ? Not me !

No worse than $5 in quarters to go wash your vehicle at the carwash. 27_laughing.gif

Who wants to carry 10 or more dollars in metal coins in their pockets ? Not me !
I've carried more than that much in change in the UK but they have coins valued $4 and $2 in general circulation.

No one would. But then why would you? They have these things called five dollar bills, and if they get rid of the ones there are also two dollar bills (Which WOULD become much more commonly used.) So there is really no reason to ever have more than one or two dollar coins in your pocket.

No one would. But then why would you? They have these things called five dollar bills, and if they get rid of the ones there are also two dollar bills (Which WOULD become much more commonly used.) So there is really no reason to ever have more than one or two dollar coins in your pocket.

I leave home with three dollar coins along with three halves, three quarters and a few two dollar bills. I almost never run out of small change before I return.

I actually - legitimately and not because I'm a collector - find them much easier to use for small purchases than rifling through my wallet for bills. Especially when I want a churro at Costco, it's much easier to give the cashier a dollar coin and a dime than it is to count out two one-dollar bills or give them a 5 and get change. They're also nice to keep in the car for stuff like that, and they're a tad less conspicuous than having a wad of bills in the car.

I pick up a roll from my bank every couple of weeks to open and give as change. It never fails to get a response from people in line behind me when I pay with them. It is amazing how many people still haven't heard about the GW's. hi.gif

Why? Mostly because I refuse to carry $5.00 bills. (Parenthetically, I also refuse to carry cents and do not own an Illinois commerative.) Although $2.00 bills would take up some of the slack I still would prefer the singles.

I live in an old building here in downtown Boston and I’ve found that the presidential dollars do a terrific job of leveling my furniture on the old uneven floors thumbsup2.gif