• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Different coin

13 posts in this topic

I also posted the obverse. do you have an idea of grade ?

is the coin a 1890-O or 1886-O? confused-smiley-013.gif

oh and edit your original post each time instead of starting a new one shy.gifthumbsup2.gif

ok , i'll see if i can match them 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

whew yay.gifyay.gifyay.gifbumpit.gif

Is that right now?

Coins are awfully hard to grade from a scan: ie photo. Both coins should ,in my opinion,

could go anywhere between AU to MS 63. hi.gif

I suspect that both of these coins are in the MS-61 to MS-63 range. For these particular dates, such a grade range won't justify the cost of certification.

james, the PCGS guide shows the 1886-O to be at least $560 in MS condition, $1650 at MS62. I would think this would be worth grading if it is in MS condition. confused-smiley-013.gif

I suspect that both of these coins are in the MS-61 to MS-63 range. For these particular dates, such a grade range won't justify the cost of certification.

james, the PCGS guide shows the 1886-O to be at least $560 in MS condition, $1650 at MS62. I would think this would be worth grading if it is in MS condition. confused-smiley-013.gif

foreheadslap.gif Dang, I sure screwed that up! YES, I would get the 1886-O certified!! My apologies to seebob for the error. I think I may have mentally mismatched the obverse/reverse.

seebob, PM sent!