• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1951 NGC Proof 5c - :( - No One Guessed - :( - Designation review Soon!

9 posts in this topic

You can have numerous Thoughts if you like smile.gif

Grade .. ??? Strike ????

1951 NGC PROOF 5c flowerred.gif

1766123-1951.jpg

Not my Pictures but not too bad ..

popcorn.gif

1766123-1951c.jpg

Out for designation review ...

1766123-1951c.jpg.eec2d279285805c668f4ea3bb21ec881.jpg

I love the cameo on it, that's for sure. Other than that, it's hard to me to see much difference between this and the fairly typical proof coin of the era. Which is to say, I like it!

Nice looking jefferson there Mike. Judging by the pic, looks like a little contactcs on the shoulder, little on the cheek, and looks like some slight hazing on the bottom rev. Is this correct? I would venture to say about a PF67. thumbsup2.gif

As to grade/designation I'm not going to grade proofs on an image due to the all important hairline issue, but for designation I'd say Cameo.

Nice looking coin.

Exspected more comments as this appears to be a shoe in CAMEO

SLAB is now posted for GRADE on First Post

I'm dealing with a terrible laptop monitor right now, so I couldn't even begin to guess the grade, but I'd agree that the coin looks like a strong candidate for a cameo designation. The Jeff proofs from 1950-52 are much tougher to find with a nice, even cameo than from '53 on. Nice looking coin.

Hoot