• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Walking Liberty Halves - Postings

46 posts in this topic

ok i think ill embarase myself by posting this, but i got a wlh the other day and it was a couple buxx. so its not a huge loss or nuthin :P

1942scloseobv.jpg

1942sobv.jpg

1942srev.jpg

Thank you for the compliment but there are much more experienced coin photographers on here, I just get lucky sometimes I think.

Several attempts in my home office with sunlight through the windows, about a dozen different positions and just process of elimination. It just depends on the coin for me. I have lights etc. but do not have the set up and experience a lot of the folks on here have. Instead of taking pictures only to go back and see I didn't like them and do over, I stick with one side of one coin until I get a look that I like with that coin.

Ant, definitely not a chance of embarassment. Each coin no matter what the condition is unique and worthy to possess and share I believe. (actually I like some of the pics of my circulated Walkers just as much as uncirculated - the character of them differentiate them)

And by the way everyone, these are all excellent Walking Liberty's that you have posted, simply amazing coins and what a design it was.

Rey

thank u rbrown4 u make me feel better bout likeing the older looking coins smile.gif if they look too new i dont see the hystory that well ( may be just me ) smile.gif

thank u rbrown4 u make me feel better bout likeing the older looking coins smile.gif if they look too new i dont see the hystory that well ( may be just me ) smile.gif

Please don't ever feel bad about posting a coin. I collect Walkers and enjoy all of the pictures.

anacs46ddr.jpganacs46ddrrev.jpg

Capture_00129.jpg

At the Santa Clara show a dealer showed me something I had never seen before... a portion (the P mint section) of an original 1947 mintset. I d#mn near peed in my pants when I saw one of the Walkers. It was not gorgeous, but it sure was pretty, and, duhhhh, completely original... a very pretty crescent of toning on the left side of the coin. It would probably grade about a 66. The other Walker was nice too, but not in the same category. I immediately made an offer on the Walker (well on the whole cardboard piece), but the dealer had one special client who collected Walkers so I couldn't get the coin(s) away from him.

Sky Man--- There was an original 1947 mint set on Ebay not too long ago. I could kick myself for not bidding on it. Definitely a 'senior' moment for me.

This second photo is for two board members. Hope it turns out. For 'ant' who likes older looking coins.

And for my dear friend Tom B. For this is one of his favorites among my many Walkers. I enjoy just watching him look at it. Until I saw him admiring it, I never knew that anyone besides myself felt as I do about certain coins.

This piece is indeed in an NGC holder. But I will hold the grade back---as I may want to use it later in a WYNTK thread. You are all welcome to guess however---if you wish. Thanks for looking. Bob [supertooth]

16XF45.jpg.jpg

16XF45Rev.jpg