• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2000 SILVER AMERICAN EAGLE DIE CRACK

12 posts in this topic

This may a taboo question but ...I'm really ignorant when it comes to error coins.

1) Who determines the values for non-standard error coins? and

2) How much does something like that go for. Specifics not needed just a range?

Thanks.

Nice ASE with die crack, Errorist! Too cool. That is such a beautiful coin, I wish it was minted for circulation regardless of size.

Cool one Physicsfan! Looks like a snake climbing the dollar symbol. How good are you in physics? I have a few techcnical ?s for ya!

I will be graduating with a bachelors degree in Engineering Physics next week, almost top of my class.

I'm going to go against the grain here and say post mint damage. I think it was scratched with something sharp that pushed metal up, and the hit on the rim right at the start of the "crack" would support this.

JJ

I don't know what happened to either, but I like both of them. Nice coins, it took me a second to see the crack in the Malaysian 1 Ringgit, I'm not familiar with that coin.

I don't know what happened to either, but I like both of them. Nice coins, it took me a second to see the crack in the Malaysian 1 Ringgit, I'm not familiar with that coin.

My aunt brought it back for me from one of her many travels. For a time, she served as the personal stewardess for some Indian spiritual guru. She flew all around the world, to some of the craziest places. And she brought me coins from all of them.