• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay Auctions Ending This Sunday (4.29.07)

11 posts in this topic

nice coins ? i question the grading on the Eddy hammered it is much better than the grade NGC have given it Unless there is a crack in it !!!

also for your information it is a Class 10ab Canterbury mint coin..

all the best thumbsup2.gif

Yep, a pretty harsh grade on that coin. I was expecting a EF45 for the grade.

I'm not sure what a Class 10ab Canterbury mint coin is.

What's the story with the PCGS XF40 1983-D quarter?

I find myself strangely drawn to it...

crazy.gifcrazy.gif

Key date, need to slab that baby for authentication. thumbsup2.gif

What's the story with the PCGS XF40 1983-D quarter?

I find myself strangely drawn to it...

crazy.gifcrazy.gif

James is correct. That one was pulled from change. It's not often that you find a key date in change. In honor of Cladking, this was saved from further circulation and slabbed to protection and authentication.

This was also pulled from change, but PCGS blew the PF58 grade.

11354615.jpg

"Key date, needs to be slabbed for protection."

Future generations will thank you!

I was going to also bid on that proof DCAM Roosevelt, but it's too good for me. My collection's not worthy.

(I do fancy that Iowa commemorative though... looking as good in person? Love the color and luster!)

I actually like the Iowa better in person than the picture. It's got a very nice natural look to it with color that shows up better under the lights.

hi.gif I was going to get all fancy but i just thaught i would post this insted 27_laughing.gif

Simpley put RR identifies it as class 10ab and CIVI/TAS/CAN/TOR means city of Canterbury mint.

1766284-%A3.jpg

hi.gif

1766383-1522043-044.jpg

he is looking at the letters C & E which in the Eddy II have a distinctly Angular backs to them. of which there are Several sub -varieties which are reconised by minor diffrences in the forms of letters..

but what he is not taking into considerarion is the "ornate" R's on this coin which are much plainer on Eddy II 11b coins..

but more to the point.. Edward the II coins are only slightly diffrent from those of Eddy I and they have always been classified as being an extention of the coins of Eddy I coins.... The diffrences between these classes and there sub-divisions can be very difficult to seporate.... The basis for allocating patucular cois to each class is generaly by examining the form of the crown and its ornaments for shape and details.

So if it was a Eddy II it would be an 11a but to take one feature and id a hammered coin is not the way to do them. And why would he tell you it was an Eddy II as they are worth more than a 10ab 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

And on Eddy the 1st coins they have (arrow) shaped central points and Eddy II have (ball) type central points..

so unless you know the person tell him " to go and get the books out again" 27_laughing.gif

A class 10ab from my collection as you can see there is diffrecces to your coin but it is sitll 10ab... But note the crowns are very simlar..

1766383-%A3.jpg

hi.gif